What Bourbon Are You Drinking? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

GTS 2012. After being open for a few months it's gotten spicier and more monstrous. Love it.

Not bourbon, but I started off with a Mastersons Rye at my local. Not as good as I remembered it. Now watching the US v. Costa Rica. Started with a small pour of Russell's Reserve. Now having a pour of Jeffersons Reserve

Ritt BiB, EWSB, RRSB.

Watching, hoping for a WKU upset, but the 2nd half ain't looking as good as the first.

Having some Old Fitz BIB with DSP 16 on the label and a 90 on the bottom of the bottle. The whiskey some refer to a bit erroneously as a Stitzel-Weller bourbon and others consider subpar since Pappy didn't make it, or the yeast had changed, or the barrel entry proof had gone up...but damn it's tasting mighty fine tonight. You did all right by me Mr. Ed Foote :grin:.

Lexington, a decent flavorful poor but simplistic IMHO, not getting a lot of flavors. Spice and some wood but not over powering.

Sipping on some JJ Bowman #45. When I first tried this bourbon I really liked it, but recently I have been finding myself liking it less and less....

Edited by qman22

Tapped my just bought HMcKenna 10 yr BIB and it's good stuff. Sweeter up front, but a long woody finish.

Had a nice contrast with some 4R1B in between drinks of the McKenna.

A little ER101 before the morning coffee, it was so good yesterday, I wanted to see if it would repeat. I'm pleased to report that it did.

Barton with coffee this morning, the cold weather is unusual but some things are normal.

Will be cracking open my first bottles of AAA 10yr and VOB BIB a little later today.

Had my first pour of EC12. I have to admit I believe I liked it somewhat more than the 1792 I also tried this week.

That's because EC12 is better than 1792.

Put a hurting on a bottle of OF BIB. Then my buddy snuck in a pour of Black Velvet.

He's been cut off.

That's because EC12 is better than 1792.

You know Meruck, I believe you are absolutely right. But the 1792 bottle is so cool. Maybe I can use it for a decanter!

Killed some time this afternoon watching basketball at Fountainhead. I also killed off their bottle of PHC '10 and had some FR SmB and their FR SB OESQ. Back home hydrating now before I head to a poker game this evening.

Will be cracking open my first bottles of AAA 10yr and VOB BIB a little later today.

Where did a nice kid from Toledo find AAA and VOB?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!