What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Spring 2013

jcg9779
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Binny's had a 15% off sale today, so I picked up one of those huge jugs of Weller 12, a bottle of Woodford Reserve, and, after some hesitation, a bottle of JPS 21.

amazing that the jps21 is in other states but absent in the motherland of ky.

There was one lone bottle in the case. The guy said they were allocated six bottles, and that he thought he had more in the back, but wasn't sure. I'd have to think, even with the price, that soon they'll be absent here as well.

There was one lone bottle in the case. The guy said they were allocated six bottles, and that he thought he had more in the back, but wasn't sure. I'd have to think, even with the price, that soon they'll be absent here as well.

At that price JPS 21 will certainly be absent from my bunker! I'd still like to see some reviews though.

Today I spent a whopping $11 on a bottle of Virgin 7/101 to refill the house decanter for my wife and guests to mix. Best value in bourbon.

amazing that the jps21 is in other states but absent in the motherland of ky.

I got tweets from my local store about the Elijah Craig barrel proof, but by the time I got there today it was gone. So I got the EC small batch instead...

i partook in the binny's sale too lol. but i'm a heathen and didn't pick up bourbon, i'm stocked up for the time being, plus they didnt' have anything i wanted/needed. i did pick up ardbeg uigedail and ardbeg corryvrecken, though.

Caught a sale myself today, found KCSB for $27 and Bulleit for $17! Hot dog.

I did the Binnys coupon, grabbed two more of their BT SB which are quite delicious.

Purchased a bottle of BT Experimental Collection #7 Heavy Char. I can't wait to try it either.

If I can find the time I'm planning to swing by a new store that just opened here and snag an OGD BiB (100).

$16 is such a bargain, I might get a few.

If I can find the time I'm planning to swing by a new store that just opened here and snag an OGD BiB (100).

$16 is such a bargain, I might get a few.

Well, I found the time. It's quite good. :grin:

Saw a lone AH Hirsch 16 on a shelf back in November. Stopped by today and it was still sitting there so I adopted it.

I found a bottle of EWSB 2001 today as well as a WT 101 Rye. I picked up both. I'm excited to open up the EVSB 01 and compare my 2000 bottling. I've also never had WT 101 rye before. My only comparison will be Rittenhouse Rye, which I really enjoy.

I really had concluded that I wouldn't be picking up this bottle, but decided to go ahead and purchase an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Price was right, and it will make for some good scientific study...:D

I really had concluded that I wouldn't be picking up this bottle, but decided to go ahead and purchase an Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Price was right, and it will make for some good scientific study...:D

Worth it. Early contender for bourbon of year if they had under $50 category it would win easily.

Did a little shopping...

HH 8/86

HH BIB

Ritt Rye

EWSB- '02 private barrel for Northgate Liquors

OWA

OSR

5 of the 6 are new bottles to me so have some heavy research ahead of me... I can't wait!

Worth it. Early contender for bourbon of year if they had under $50 category it would win easily.

12 year old barrel proof HH whiskey at $36 is near impossible to ignore. Early impressions are gorgeous nose, with a cinnamony red-hot flavoring. It packs some heat, but it's a flavored heat.

ordered 2 bottles of 11 yr old OBSK single barrel from Bounty Hunter

and a Talisker 18 yr old limited edition

should arrive next week

Four_Roses_11_BH_4_Year_Single_Barrel_Boubon_tn_zps93fbc419.jpg

Picked up my first bottle of 4R SmB. Gonna try it right now.

Hope it goes better than last week when I picked up the EC BP. Not my favorite.

Picked up my first bottle of 4R SmB. Gonna try it right now.

Hope it goes better than last week when I picked up the EC BP. Not my favorite.

I'm curious what you will think about it. It's really a different one, to me. Sometimes I love it, other times not, depending on what I have been eating, my mood, etc.

I'm curious what you will think about it. It's really a different one, to me. Sometimes I love it, other times not, depending on what I have been eating, my mood, etc.

4R SmB is not my favorite but others love it. Definitely a lighter summer-time bourbon to me. I also get a slight licorice flavor in it that is off-putting to me.

I guess that OGD 114 and OWA and FC have destroyed my palate.

My first pour of 4R SmB on one cube seemed to almost not exist. I kept looking at my glass to make sure I had poured some bourbon in it.

I guess you could call that smoooooth.

On the next pour I will try to identify all those different flavors that are supposed to be there.:grin:

(Or maybe it was the EC BP that destroyed my palate!).

My first impression: it blows the WTRRSBSB outta the water, no question. I'll have have to wait and see how the WT opens up (or, perhaps, how I open up to it..).

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!