Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today - Spring/Summer/Fall 2013

Virus_Of_Life
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Another long thread that needed to be closed so here is a new fresh What Foreign Whisk(e)y did you purchase thread.

Myself, probably will regret it at the huge price tag, but just took ownership of a Port Ellen 12th Annual and a Lagavulin 21 year. We'll see if they are worth it, eventually. Also a Balvenie 17 year Peated Cask, not too impressed so far in that.

Interested in your impressions on those - I've been eyeing a bottle of OB Port Ellen too

Picked up 11 bottles of 50ml size Compass Box Hedonism grain whisky for $3.00 a bottle - first and only time I've seen Hedonism in a 50ml size. I left behind about 15 50ml bottles of Compass Box Euluthera.

Added another Barry Crockett Legacy while at TPS. Looking forward to the trying the 21yo Redbreast although the price will likely be substantial I imagine. If it is less than half the Legacy that would be tolerable.

Also added 2 Laddie Bere Barley and another Glendronach 15 yo Revival since neither is readily available locally.

Finished up my tour of Islay with Ardbeg. Couldn't decide between the Uigeadail and the Corryvreckan so using the SB philosophy naturally I got both!

Picked up 2 more Greenore 15yo Irish as that one may not be around much longer either.

Finally as a pure impulse buy I picked up a Penderyn Sherrywood finish I saw at TPS to compare with the standard Penderyn Madiera cask finish I have at home.

Other than a bottle of rum on another impulse buy I think that was it from the Sampler trip!

Nice. Last time I checked TPS' website they did not have the Bere Barley, and I enjoyed Josh's bottle so much. I see a trip in the very, very near future.

Nice. Last time I checked TPS' website they did not have the Bere Barley, and I enjoyed Josh's bottle so much. I see a trip in the very, very near future.

And apparently they have plenty of it, but went ahead and ordered two for pick-up just in case. Will run up there Saturday morning.

Highland Park 12. $49.95 here in O-ville.
A little over priced but I'm pretty certain that the HP12 will become a staple of your cabinet from here on out,ENJOY!

A little over priced but I'm pretty certain that the HP12 will become a staple of your cabinet from here on out,ENJOY!

Yeah, but when you are the only store for 25 miles around that stocks it, you can charge what you want. :lol:

And apparently they have plenty of it, but went ahead and ordered two for pick-up just in case. Will run up there Saturday morning.

Great Price too. I think that was $69 out here when I bought it :cry:

I feel the need for peat.

Picked up a Lagavulin 12CS (2012) and a Longrow CV.

Grabbed my 2 Bere Barley from TPS today, and grabbed a Glenmo Ealanta as well.

Picked up 1L of Lap QC ($59) and 1L JW Dble Black ($42) coming through customs. Tried the JW last night for the first time and found it a little too sweet but very smooth. I was expecting more peat and smoke.

Also grabbed a bottle of Weller 12 in upstate NY for 19.99! I paid $45 here in Ontario.

A literally dusty Tun 1401 Batch #3 was discovered this afternoon, along with an old bottling of Highland Park 30. Both were priced too well to pass, but I still managed to use up my monthly whiskey allowance in one stop.

Edited by Trey Manthey

A literally dusty Tun 1401 Batch #3 was discovered this afternoon, along with an old bottling of Highland Park 30. Both were priced too well to pass, but I still managed to use up my monthly whiskey allowance in one stop.

Drooooooool. I'd probably pay a nice sum for a batch 3 if I found one. Very nice pickup all around.

When you say old bottling, does that mean the bottle itself looks different than today's HP30?

Nice score BTW... The TUN #3 is one of my all time favorites (context: in my short two-year whisky drinking career).

When you say old bottling, does that mean the bottle itself looks different than today's HP30?

Yes, the current bottling has a "flat" bottle in a wooden case. This is the round bottle in a red cardboard case, and is priced lower:

post-8419-14489818982081_thumb.jpg

Nice score BTW... The TUN #3 is one of my all time favorites (context: in my short two-year whisky drinking career).

Stay tuned, you just might be a happy camper tomorrow.

Edited by LostBottle

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!