New Wild Turkey Product Fall 2013 - Forgiven

wadewood
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I wish they would "accidentally" botttle some WT8 or WT12 for the U.S.!

Amen Brother!

I wish they would "accidentally" botttle some WT8 or WT12 for the U.S.!

I'm with ya' on the 12 Clingman. I had some dusty WT 12 at the Gazebo a few weex ago... One of the Best pours on a big table crowded with pretty special juice. Too bad The Turkey is pressed to keep up with demand (or it claims to be) and won't be aging anything that long again in the forseeable future. :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

I guess imitation IS the sincerest form of flattery...even if it is accidental.

Wild Turkey ain't the only one who's releasing a bourbon/rye blend. Jefferson's is doing one, too. It'll be interesting to see how they taste.

Don't know what proof it comes out of the barrel at, but they bring the bourbon to 101 or 81 and the rye to 81 - so question is, once they "accidentally" dumped the barrels, what did the bring it to? Is Forgiven 101, 81, or ... heaven help us, cask strength?:shocked:

If it's a mistake, don't add water, just bottle it!

If it's a mistake, don't add water, just bottle it!

Boy, now that might be some really good stuff, eh? :cool: Never happen, I fear; but, it's nice to dream! :rolleyes:

Jimmy also said they now make Rye 10 days of the year, compared to years past when it was 2 days.

Jimmy also said they now make Rye 10 days of the year, compared to years past when it was 2 days.

I would like it if they accidentally lost track of some barrels of rye in the rick house for a few extra years. Then when they rediscover them, accidentally forget to chill filter, or add water before they bottle :lol: As it is, I think somebody accidentally bottled the last WT 101 I tried a year or two too early.

This should be pretty good stuff. I mixed my 101 bourbon with my 81 rye and it turned out very nicely. Looking at the COLA, it will be 91 proof as well. I plan on buying a bottle or two.

I will mix some WT101 and some 101 rye and have a drink of "totally forgiven"! Thomas

This should be pretty good stuff. I mixed my 101 bourbon with my 81 rye and it turned out very nicely. Looking at the COLA, it will be 91 proof as well. I plan on buying a bottle or two.

Do you happen to have a link to the COLA? I can't find it.

It sounds good. I just hope that they price it for what it is and not based on a fancy name.

It would be rather difficult for them to claim it was a large batch mistake.

So they "accidentally" mixed what appears to be equal amounts of 101 bourbon and 81 rye to come to 91? So they didn't accidentally dump barrels (at barrel strength), but mixed the tanks of whiskey already reduced to bottling strength for each brand?

• 1 month later...

I heard its coming down under too! mistake my ass! Look forward to trying it though

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.