Parker's Heritage Collection 2013 (PHC 7) - "Promise of Hope"

ChainWhip
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

So I'm really enjoying this bottle. Perfectly balanced and for me has an amazing profile of flavors -- not necessarily complex, but just oozing with cola, toasted nuts and hint of spice. So no I'm curious what bourbons this board thinks come closest to this flavor profile. Any thoughts?

Has anyone noticed a white film or sediment at the bottom of their PoH bottle(s)? Not that it bothers me, just more curious than anything.
If it's anything like the Jefferson's 18-year, it's the result of not being filtered...those are "Flavor Nummies"! :yum:

Normal. I see it in a lot of different bourbons.

I'm liking what everyone is saying about this bottle. I may have to pick one or two up. The only other Parkers Heritage I have purchased is the 6th edition, and I really liked that. Hopefully this one holds up.

• 2 weeks later...
Really, really enjoyed a pour I had over the weekend. May have to stock up on a couple bottles.

Revisited this last night. Wow, like liquid candy. Full rich and deelish. I wonder if my local still has any, last I saw it there at 79$

I'd get several more if I could for that price. Best price I've seen is $99. Hard for me to justify getting more than 2 at that price.

Turns out he has a several bottles left. I did get two, enough for now and may get another at some point...

I'd like to try that stuff seen about 6-7 on the shelf the other day, but for $119.00! Probably why there are so many left.I might have sprung for $79.

I'd like to try that stuff seen about 6-7 on the shelf the other day, but for $119.00! Probably why there are so many left.I might have sprung for $79.

I'd take two at $79. They are $99 around me when they are in stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It is really good bourbon with lots of character and no flaws, however it's $135-$155 OTD around these parts so unless I find it out of state, I leave it.

$80-90 is an acceptable price for one of the best "normal" bourbons I've had, but over $100 I lose interest and pick up a EWSB for $33.

I'm in the same boat as DBM being here in Seattle. I just found a bottle online for $85 and jumped on it quick. (They are already sold out so I won't count chickens until it arrives.)

Mr. Whip, you appear to have far more desirable bottles than that in your collection so I'll gladly trade swigs! :)

You should make it out to one of our PNW get togethers flahute :)

Edited by ChainWhip

You should make it out to one of our PNW get togethers flahute :)

Let me know where and when and I'm in!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.