What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I tried that, but have failed repeatedly. Only had a pour of ECBP as a nightcap last night. Couldn't help myself :-)

I'd hate it if I were out of practice for the weekend!

Gotta stretch the liver a bit. Like when you run a marathon...makes total sense.

Did a blind vertical tasting of EW Blk, 1783, and EWSB 2001. The family resemblance was even more evident than I expected. Tasted neat in Glencairns with sticky numbers on the bottom of each glass. It was not hard to tell the difference. The black label pleased me more than I expected. It makes a decent daily pour but has never been a favorite. (Used it in Manhattans back when I drank Manhattans.) The 1783 was clearly a step up, not just on the palate but in terms of mouthfeel. (Important to my enjoyment of bourbon.) The clear winner, no surprise, was the Single Barrel but I would not be disappointed if I had to drink any of them. The good news is, for the incremental increase in price, it is easy to move up the scale and not break the bank. HH is one hell of a distillery.

Edited by Flyfish

Killed a 2012 GTS last night.

I used a glass to do it unlike some people.

(yeah, I'm looking at you Troyce)

you really haven't tasted GTS unless you drink it from the bottle.

it is easy to move up the scale and not break the bank. HH is one hell of a distillery.

the best, as far as getting good stuff out at a great price.

Sampling the new 4R SmB. Def more subtle than last years, but still pretty great. Spicy upfront, sweet and fruity midway, and what initially appears to be a nonexistent finish just blooms and blooms out of nowhere.

Sampling the new 4R SmB. Def more subtle than last years, but still pretty great. Spicy upfront, sweet and fruity midway, and what initially appears to be a nonexistent finish just blooms and blooms out of nowhere.

trying to polish off one of these HHBIB's i have open, then i wont feel bad about buying a nice replacement this weekend

Interesting, since its the same 3 recipe blend as last year with one more year on each of the recipes right? I hoped it would be last year amped up not toned down.
Edited by KySalesRep
I'm an idiot

Interesting, since its the same 3 recipe blend as last year with one more year on each of the recipes right? I hoped it would be last year amped up not toned down.

Being drinking EC21 yesterday and today, 5 pours now. I like it, so easy to drink, neat.

If we are in 09, this price would be outrageous would likely not consider. Now a days, I guess it is almost ok for me. I was just thinking this morning that in just a few years, it's quite amazing how much more the market is willing to pay now.

If we are in 09, this price would be outrageous would likely not consider. Now a days, I guess it is almost ok for me. I was just thinking this morning that in just a few years, it's quite amazing how much more the market is willing to pay now.

First, and last, bourbon of the night is most fitting...SB Blend, on this eve of my embarkment to The Motherland to meet up again with the fine folks of SB.Com. See y'all tomorrow!

:toast:

First, and last, bourbon of the night is most fitting...SB Blend, on this eve of my embarkment to The Motherland to meet up again with the fine folks of SB.Com. See y'all tomorrow!

:toast:

Cheers Joe! I opened my first W12 in a while yesterday and I'll follow your example and drink some SB Blend tonight. Wish I could join everyone this weekend but it's not too long until April, I guess.

Cheers Joe! I opened my first W12 in a while yesterday and I'll follow your example and drink some SB Blend tonight. Wish I could join everyone this weekend but it's not too long until April, I guess.

Cheers back at ya! Bummed that you'll be out of sight, but you won't be out of mind of the group, Jim! I know a healthy toast will be directed your way, probably more than once over the weekend. Here's hoping that April gets here quickly! :toast:

Multiple pours of SB blend OWA:W12:FRSB (1:1:0.5) tonight. This ratio is tasting reaaaally good tonight!

Y'all have a fun and safe weekend!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!