What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 2013

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Yellow label tonight. Just a small pour.

Kissing summer goodbye, looking forward to bigger whiskies but not the poor weather.

My one-glass SB blend was great, and I followed it up with the EWSB03 12 year old I just picked up. This bottle's pretty wonderful, I have a feeling it's not long for this world. Too bad its barrelmates are all a state away.

Last night, the second-to-last pour in a bottle of Henry McKenna store selection I brought up out of storage. It's so good, the last bit in the bottle isn't going to have to wait long. I'm glad I have another bottle of this waiting in storage, as it's from a couple of years ago and there are no more to be bought.

Last night, the second-to-last pour in a bottle of Henry McKenna store selection I brought up out of storage. It's so good, the last bit in the bottle isn't going to have to wait long. I'm glad I have another bottle of this waiting in storage, as it's from a couple of years ago and there are no more to be bought.

ive not tried HMcK BIB.....what would you liken it to?

Well, it is Heaven Hill, so it is in the same vein as the Evan Williams and Heaven Hill bourbons. But at 100 proof, 10 years old, single barrel and BIB, it is kind of what EWSB should be in my opinion. At under $30, the McKenna BIB is a staple of mine. It's definitely got some punch and some kick, but it's got great flavor. They clearly pick good barrels for it. Good stuff.

On my way for one last shopping trip before hitting the Gazebo. Thus far today - FRYL, FRSB, FRSmBLE12, FRSmBLE13, FR 100th, PHC6 batch 1, Old Scout TPS 10 year, Old Taylor BIB. And just a sip of WT8. Soon it will be time to start drinking.

Started with AAA, followed by the Willet PS, then finished with the KCSB. Still trying to find something to complain about with the KCSB and still nothing to report other than mouthy, sweet, hot cinnamon fireball candy goodness graciousness!

SB blend, I'm not lovin' it. I think I need to try blending my OWA with a high rye recipe because it just subtracts from my enjoyment of W12.

Back to the EH Taylor Single Barrel while I wait for the wife to get home. This bottle is definitely growing on me, but still not sure it's worth a $65 retail tag.

I had a couple pours of ORVW 10/107 last night. Really good stuff. I wish they would produce this as a regular release so it could be my daily pour. OWA at 7yr. is a pretty good alternative, but it keeps getting younger and hotter.

but is a girl not to be ignored at the dance!

So what? You're squire now?? :lol:

Chillin at the parents, watching Clemson vs NC St, with my Pop. Enjoying a squire. Heading to Kentucky in the morning. Beer and tater salad in the cooler, and maybe just a few bottles of Kentucky's best.

So what? You're squire now?? :lol:

Chillin at the parents, watching Clemson vs NC St, with my Pop. Enjoying a squire. Heading to Kentucky in the morning. Beer and tater salad in the cooler, and maybe just a few bottles of Kentucky's best.

If that is a Squire...so be it! From this point forward I will refer to OGD as a Squire! OGD has been around for a while for good reason and was a delightful finish toward my inebriated state!

Is this Henry McKenna, or Henry McKenna BIB? I've only had the BIB, and think it is an excellent, under-appreciated bourbon.

Henry McKenna 10 year old BiB, "Hand Selected by the Loch & K(e)y Society", Un-Chill Filtered, Barrel #693, bottled on 12/26/00

The Loch & K(e)y society bottles appear at Julio's Liquors in Westborough, MA, and also at some other stores in MA.

Bummer to be working the day after Christmas, but they filled up a nice bottle. I'm drinking the last pour from it right now.

OGD 114 to finish off the night. It felt a little light after the KCSB, but is a girl not to be ignored at the dance!

we share tastes!

i managed to polish off the HH BIB tonight. every now and then it is nice, but itll be a few months before i get another one....as usual

Last night, I broke into my case of 22 oz Foothill's People's Porter Bourbon Barrel Aged, aged in BT barrels. Love this stuff.

Tonight, Col. E.H. Taylor Small Batch.

(Well, I did take Monday and Tuesday nights off!)

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!