Four Roses 2013 Small Batch LE

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Doubt they get much at least what w 12000+ bottles being available.

~8000 bottles is for the USA, the remainder is for the overseas market. Still double what was released last year, but overseas shippment is included in the 12,000 bottles. At least that what the gift shop told me.

Give massive kudos to the 4R Gift Shop, they had ample amounts to buy today 1/person as part of their KBF event. Still glad i pre-ordered from them....but did manage to convince my wife to buy another!

Every store in Louisville I stopped in today received a 2 bottle allocation and they were gone instantly..I found a couple LE Single barrels with relative ease, but starting to think I'm going to come up empty-handed since I didn't pre-order at the gift shop. Live and learn :(

I hope the large volumetric increase in the SmBLE this year will allow a couple bottles to find their way to my home.

Every store in Louisville I stopped in today received a 2 bottle allocation and they were gone instantly..I found a couple LE Single barrels with relative ease, but starting to think I'm going to come up empty-handed since I didn't pre-order at the gift shop. Live and learn :(

During the KBF event, Jim Rutledge was commenting on how crazy it is due to last years "whiskey of the year" and this years reviews/feedback. That basically selling out before it hit shelves. That being said, i don't believe they only got 2 bottles....might be what they had left for general public, but even smaller shops likely got a case.

As always, befriend your local shop owner...spend more in less places and hope for the best.

Yeah, I'd say that's just how it's going to be going forward..Yeah I was skeptical at the random amount of 2 as well, but like 5-6 shops told me that same thing and I thought maybe they were onto something haha. Definitely been trying to spend more time in the neighborhood shops, I guess I just need to be better at making friends :)

I may not be able to get this year's LE SmB, but after picking up a couple great bottles of private selection SiB in the gift shop last month (OESQ, OBSF), I may not care.

Also, I found two 2012 LE SiB two weekends ago at a store that had just received a case a few days before. I bought the last two bottles. Last week I traded one for a 2012 LE SmB. So don't give up hope. It took me a year, but I finally got the 2012 LE SmB.

Now that's smart-trading.

I'd say lucky trade. The other trader loved the OESK of the 2012 LE SiB. He had none of those left and an extra of the 2012 LE SmB. So, it was a good trade for both of us.

I haven't opened the SmB yet, so until I can taste its goodness for myself, I have a tinge of regret. The OESK is good stuff.

I'd say lucky trade. The other trader loved the OESK of the 2012 LE SiB. He had none of those left and an extra of the 2012 LE SmB. So, it was a good trade for both of us.

I haven't opened the SmB yet, so until I can taste its goodness for myself, I have a tinge of regret. The OESK is good stuff.

No need to feel bad about soon that deal. I enjoyed the 2012 FRSB LE but the 2012 FRSmB LE was very well executed.

Has this hit Georgia yet? Neither of the two places I go in Augusta or Savannah have it yet...they haven't gotten the PHC either though. Has anyone in Atlanta seen these on the shelves?

Has this hit Georgia yet? Neither of the two places I go in Augusta or Savannah have it yet...they haven't gotten the PHC either though. Has anyone in Atlanta seen these on the shelves?

Not out yet. It'll be two weeks or so I'd bet

I was pleasantly surprised by this years release,more reserved and integrated to my tastes with the 18yr. OBSV showing wonderfully throughout. I would put this with the ranks of the 09 Marriage and 17yr.OBSV my other 2 top FR's releases,definitely surpassing the '12 SmB LE at least to my tastes

I was pleasantly surprised by this years release,more reserved and integrated to my tastes with the 18yr. OBSV showing wonderfully throughout. I would put this with the ranks of the 09 Marriage and 17yr.OBSV my other 2 top FR's releases,definitely surpassing the '12 SmB LE at least to my tastes

Do they still have any of this at the gift shop? I'll be there in about 3 weeks.

You could try to call and reserve a bottle, but you're most likely out of luck. I got the last bottles at Lawrenceburg and Cox's Creek last week.

You could try to call and reserve a bottle, but you're most likely out of luck. I got the last bottles at Lawrenceburg and Cox's Creek last week.

There were two available at about 3:30 of Friday. One available at 3:35 when I left. There was a few dozen with names on them waiting to be picked up.

BTW - It's some of the finest whiskey I have yet tasted. Very well balanced with more depth and smokey wood than last years.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.