Four Roses 2013 Small Batch LE

tanstaafl2
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thank you for that anecdote, Yeti. It's impressive that Mr. Rutledge was able to maintain quality in the Small Batch LE release this year, despite tripling the batch size.

• 2 weeks later...

Does anyone know if this has hit NYC yet? PM if you don't want to blast out all the info. Thanks!

Does anyone know if this has hit NYC yet? PM if you don't want to blast out all the info. Thanks!

I'd be interested in knowing the same for the DC area, please PM if you've seen it thanks!

Picked up a bottle of this yesterday evening @ Julio's Liquors (Westborough, MA) for 74.99 -- so it's definitely hit MA -- not sure about NY yet...

Picked up a bottle today... The clerk/owners son seemed shocked they had one. He said they had run out but had ordered more. And on the 2nd shipment they must of got 2 because his mom sold one earlier that day... Pretty sure I got the last bottle in the kc area as I've run a bourbon circuit of a dozen stores in the last week!

With ~8,000 bottles in this release, surely there are more out there. Perhaps they're coming in waves?

For whatever reason (maybe it's the surplus that I have put away) but it just struck me how small that number is. I mean, best case scenario, there will probably be 4,000 people in the states who end up with this.

WV only got it 10 days ago. GA will get some soon. Hell, we didn't get the 2012 LE releases (single and small) until August of this year!

For whatever reason (maybe it's the surplus that I have put away) but it just struck me how small that number is. I mean, best case scenario, there will probably be 4,000 people in the states who end up with this.

WV only got it 10 days ago. GA will get some soon. Hell, we didn't get the 2012 LE releases (single and small) until August of this year!

Once they found out there was a large quantity consumer in your state, they must have decided to speed the cycle up some. :grin:

Relative to the US population....so that makes us 0.001%'ers. I'll take it!

A second shipment! Y'all are killing me!

That's a distributor thing probably. They work in mysterious ways...

Allocation is super tight. One store I frequent got one!

See above...

Has anyone seen it in TX yet? If you don't want to say it out loud PM me. I don't think any of the big boy stores even got any of the SBLE this year.

Having read the way you put it, the number does come across kinda small...

I just realized that last year's release was around 4000 bottles. How many are in this release 12,000?

The 2011 was still sitting on the shelves around here until January or so of this year.

We also discussed the proof of this bourbon.

I had no idea that some barrels can go down in proof. He said that was the case with some of the bourbon in this one.

One interesting comment was: four roses will never put out a flavored whiskey product as long as I am the master distiller.

That was one thing I noticed that it is barrel proof at 103. Just seemed interesting.

Edited by mbroo5880i

More I would say. As I can't imagine them getting 200 per out of those 18 yo barrels.

Hidden

oops, I edit my post because I was trying to figure it out myself.

Note - My original questions was "I wonder how many barrels they needed to make 12,000 bottles." Of course, it gets complicated not knowing the blend ratio, evaporative loss, etc.

Of course, if the proof went down in some of the barrels, this makes me question how much evaporated in those barrels.

Just found out from one nyc spot today that they received their 2013 and it sold out already and was much less than they received in the past. . Strongly suggest you buy it as soo. As you see it in this area as there doesn't seem to be much around.

This actually made it to Corvallis, interestingly to the "non good" liquor store that rarely if ever gets anything but the bulk commodity stuff. Honestly, I had stopped going there (there's my mistake).

I'm kind of broke right now though so honestly its probably for the better. I'd drink a ~%50 ABV Four Roses anything way too quickly. I can't even keep Yellow Label at my house. It goes too fast.

If you're in the Seattle area and ISO this stuff, PM me for the location of a bottle on the Eastside - just beware, it'll cost you $120ish to get it out the door.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.