5 that are ALWAYS in your rotation

AnotherCigarGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

1. FRSmB

2. FRYL - Like to have a lower proof around for some guests

3. MM

4. OWA

5. One special bottle for special times, although this tends to break $50

Best regards, Tony

FR1B

EC12

ETL

Kirkland's

Old Forester Signature

I recently learned from a Beam insider that Kirland's is OGD juice. I believe the general consensus was that it was more along the lines of KC. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick up a bottle next time I'm in the vicinity of a Costco.

I recently learned from a Beam insider that Kirland's is OGD juice. I believe the general consensus was that it was more along the lines of KC. I've never tried it, but I'm pretty sure I'll pick up a bottle next time I'm in the vicinity of a Costco.
A good friend of mine toured Jim Beam a few weeks ago. He said that the tour guide reluctantly admitted that the Kirkland was essentially made from 7 year KC juice. Tour guides don't always know as much as they think they do, but I thought I'd throw that out there.

It certainly tastes nothing like OGD to me.

//www.ttbonline.gov/colasonline/viewColaDetails.do?

Yes, the Kirkland brand is produced by Beam, I was inquiring which mash bill was used, the regular Beam or higher rye OGD.

So if it is the Beam mashbill, it is 7 yo Kirkland, 8 yo Beam Black, 9 yo Knob Creek? (with differences in proof ... )?

I would certainly like to get verification of that.

Verification? We're talking whiskey here. You looking for a birth certificate?

That's right Mark, same recipe as JBW, JBB, Knob, etc. just different ages, proofs and perhaps warehouse location.

No big surprises from me.:grin:

Weller and/or BIB

Weller and/or BIB

Weller and/or BIB

Weller and/or BIB

Weller and/or BIB

Actually I don't have 5 that are always in my rotation. My selection varies for the most part, but I almost always have a Weller or two open, along with a couple of BIB's.

My selection varies for the most part, but I almost always have a Weller or two open, along with a couple of BIB's.

or TWO? I have this picture in my head where you have every Weller variation (and those are just the open ones!) :lol:

OWA or Weller 12

Blanton's

FR Single Barrel or FR Small Batch

one ORVW or PVW Expression

one BTAC

I almost always have Four Roses Small Batch and Elijah Craig 12 Year, sometimes Weller 12, a rye for Manhattans (usually Old Overholt or Rittenhouse when I can find it), and lastly Bookers.

id gladly add bookers and bakers to my list, if the pricing were better. for now, i only get bookers when we pre-lube at one local bar before walking across the street to the karaoke bar. this bar pours about a 4-5oz 'shot' of bookers for me, and charges $8.50. awesome! 2 'shots' of that and some bar food, and im a rock star!

this bar pours about a 4-5oz 'shot' of bookers for me, and charges $8.50. awesome! 2 'shots' of that and some bar food, and im a rock star!

Wow - definitely hope they keep that barkeep!! An honest 2 oz pour typically passes $10 around here! At that rate, they're losing money :lol: Bookers is a bit pricey to me in terms of value, but I almost always have a 50mL bottle in case I'm in the mood.

id gladly add bookers and bakers to my list, if the pricing were better. for now, i only get bookers when we pre-lube at one local bar before walking across the street to the karaoke bar. this bar pours about a 4-5oz 'shot' of bookers for me, and charges $8.50. awesome! 2 'shots' of that and some bar food, and im a rock star!

8-10oz of +60% abv alcohol and you're able to walk across the street?

*equivalent to about half a bottle @40%

The 5 bourbons always in my rotation are: Weller OWA and or 12, anything from HH that is B.I.B., VOB, OGD B.I.B. or 114, Old Forester 100, and for rye any of the LDI ryes bottled at 90 proof or more (Dickel Rye, Bulleit Rye, Willett Rye). :cool: I like to try new stuff, but find that I always return to these.

8-10oz of +60% abv alcohol and you're able to walk across the street?

*equivalent to about half a bottle @40%

yeah, its a rare thing for me to do though. thats how a group of my classmates and I celebrated our successful completion of last semester. and probably how we will celebrate the same in December this year. Their food is awesome too, so you better make sure to eat plenty with that much bookers being drank.

Edited by 393foureyedfox

Wow - definitely hope they keep that barkeep!! An honest 2 oz pour typically passes $10 around here! At that rate, they're losing money :lol:.

its not just that one bartender........the whole bar has been known forever for cheap large pours like this. Last time we were there, i had one 'pour' or makers (wanted to see why its popular, and even after, i still dont understand) for $6.50, one bookers for $8.50, and a 50ml of JBB that i had in my pocket. then, when we got to the karaoke bar, they had willet pot still on the wall, so i ordered a "shot" of that to try, and it was a carefully measured 1 oz shot, and it was $11. so, obviously, we pre-lube at the first bar! youd go broke drinking at the karaoke bar. but, i will always buy at least one drink there, plus lots of bottled water and coke....they have to make money too!

Not saying I do it often, but while I working out in the field I have split a bottle (1/2 and 1/2) of 90 proof bourbon with a buddy a few times. It ain't good for your liver but if you do it over 2 hours with some food, it's really not that big of a deal. Drunk yes, but not falling down so. Of course we weren't driving or anything

My rotation has settled into the following: Elmer T Lee, Woodford, OWA, Weller 12 & Larceny. Wheaters are my preference, ETL is just great stuff and I use Woodford as my gateway bourbon. I supplement the lineup with some guest stars, depending on who us coming over for drinks.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.