5 that are ALWAYS in your rotation

AnotherCigarGuy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I'm a newby, so still tasting my way around, but I'm pretty sure

OGD 114

RittBIB rye

will always be there.

For now, and this will likely change:

1. Bulleit

2. Four Roses - Small Batch

3. Eagle Rare

4. WT - 101

5. JB - Black

I'm still very new to all this, but I'd say thus far:

EC12

ETL

Rittenhouse Rye

and I'm working on the others...

I am new too, but I think I've found my 5:

Elmer T. Lee

Weller SR or 12

Elijah Craig12

Eagle Rare10

Evan Williams10

Elmer T. Lee

Weller SR or 12

Elijah Craig12

Eagle Rare10

Evan Williams10

evan williams 10? either you are referring to EW 1783 that used to be 10 years old, or i havent heard of this one...

OWA

Ogd114

RittBib

WTR 101, I wisely stocked up

Typically a more upper shelf rye or bourbon (right now I have the VWFRR and AE

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Elmer T. Lee

Weller SR or 12

Elijah Craig12

Eagle Rare10

Evan Williams10

That's a good list there Guy. I was new to this not too long ago as well. Looking at that list, I would say you have a solid list with ETL and EC12 being really good ones to keep around:) If you want to try and get some variation from this list, an SB blend of W12 and OWA would be a good one and RittBiB would be a good one to try as well:)

Elmer T. Lee

Weller SR or 12

Elijah Craig12

Eagle Rare10

Evan Williams10

Sorry for the confusion.

For some reason Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 years old is "ER10" and Evans Williams Single Barrel 10 years old is "EWSB" on these forums. I just typed it wrong. Perhaps it should be ERSB10 and EWSB10????

I think these are my 5 affordable bourbons to keep around. I certainly enjoy Rock Hill Farms, Maker's 46, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Pappy 15, Angel's Envy and many more, but a solid 5 that are easy on the pocket book is how I approached this. I hope to keep trying more and moving forward through the journey.

Thanks all!

I must say that one that is threatening to crack my top 5 is selected single barrel OWA like the one I got at the Party Source last week. Not sure there are many better values that I know of out there than a good OWA.

Sorry for the confusion.

For some reason Eagle Rare Single Barrel 10 years old is "ER10" and Evans Williams Single Barrel 10 years old is "EWSB" on these forums. I just typed it wrong. Perhaps it should be ERSB10 and EWSB10????

I think these are my 5 affordable bourbons to keep around. I certainly enjoy Rock Hill Farms, Maker's 46, Blanton's, Buffalo Trace Antique Collection, Pappy 15, Angel's Envy and many more, but a solid 5 that are easy on the pocket book is how I approached this. I hope to keep trying more and moving forward through the journey.

Thanks all!

EWSB is commonly 9 years and some months old, not quite 10. Eagle Rare can just be ER, unless you're referring to the old 101 proofer. </pedantic>

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.