What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Some Charter 101, also had a sip from a bottle of stagg jr.

when i first opened a charter 101 a few months ago, i LOVED it. by bottles end, i just wanted to get rid of it though. how is yours?

uba5ezez.jpg

:drink:id love to have one of those! had a taste on the tour saturday, but even the giftshop didnt have any.i shouldve bought the 6 year they did have though. i went to about 8 stores today and couldnt find any. everyone seemed to have plenty of WFE 4 year rye though, but i didnt want to take a chance on it, having never sampled one of those yet.

I'm doing everything in my power to finish this CEHT Small Batch (well, everything but putting a straw into it). It will live to fight one last day, but it's making a fine Manhattan in the process.

Had a first pour of ETL tonight and boy...it was kinda hot. i figured dinner messed up my palate. Tried a small pour of ECBP137 just to gauge where my palate is...all I can say is wow! Absolute awesome woody, flavorful, tasty, yummy! I'm enjoying my 3rd pour of it right now. Glad I have bunkered a few:)

when i first opened a charter 101 a few months ago, i LOVED it. by bottles end, i just wanted to get rid of it though. how is yours?

I am 2 healthy pours in and this is some pretty good juice. As far as i can tell this is a slightly dusty with the bottle marked "02". If I had more luggage space I would buy the whole shelf. That said I plan on drinking this bottle over the next 10 days while on business travel so it won't have a chance to get very oxidized.

Definitely better than some old charter 10 I have tried, better than a lot of things i have tried.

maybe ill have to re-try another bottle. if nothing else, it sure makes a purdy bottle to store my home made lemoncello in

Rock Hill Farms last night. Really impressed with this particular bottle. Rich nose, lots of fruit and vanilla, oak that doesn't overwhelm, creamy texture and long, warm finish. If every bottle was like this I would drink it almost exclusively, but down to the last few oz and worried that I will only be disappointed if I buy another one.

Found a bottle of 4RSmb that I had but in the fridge two weeks ago after reading another thread. Man after three pours I had to back off or I'd end up drinking it all and I have to get up early. Sipping some Henry McKenna BIB now. Life is great!

The Rutledge trifecta: OBSF P&M Private Selection, OESF TPS Private Selection, and capped off by 17 yr Rutledge Gift Shop pick. And I wasn't going to have a pour tonight.

Some EC21 tonight. Great bourbon.

Me, too. What a great and looooooooooong finish. Really enjoying it.

Me, too. What a great and looooooooooong finish. Really enjoying it.

I was going to open up a PVW20 but now going to open another EC21 instead to replace the one I just finished. I do like the EC21 too.

Drinking a JPS17 at the moment after a long day.

I was going to open up a PVW20 but now going to open another EC21 instead to replace the one I just finished. I do like the EC21 too.

Looks like a tough choice. :P

Last night was another Whiskey Tasting Social, a little monthly-ish gathering of whiskey enthusiasts, usually about eight of us.

We started with Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish 12yo and Burgundy Wood Finish 12yo, definitely appreciated, and subtler than their current Lasanta and Quinta Ruban styles. I was a little less into the scotch than I was into the bourbons that followed...

Hillrock Estate Solera Bourbon Whiskey was actually quite good... I don't know that I'd pay $80 for it more than once, but I liked it quite a bit. George T Stagg followed (from last fall's distribution) and was a major hit all around. Simply one of the best bourbons I've ever had. I'd gladly buy it over and over again, but so many people around Boston now know about it that I fear it's going to be tough to find when it again reaches Massachusetts.

A tiny drop of a 1973 Jim Beam 175 month decanter just to make sure it didn't spoil. It did not :D Now I'm revisiting an Old Scout 7 year 115 proof TPS selection.

We started with Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish...

Right before I went full bore into my journey into Bourbonia, I had a short, but fulfilling, fling with the Scotch family. The Glenmorangie Port Wood Finish was my fave. Absolutely loved the stuff. Dusty now, yes? I occasionally find myself sweeping through the Scotch aisle hoping to find a bottle, for old times sake...

Back on topic, finishing up the evening with the April Fool's bottling of EWSB 2013.

JPS17

EC21

JPS18 TPS sample

Saz18 2012

Started off with a 10 high straight. A real easy sipper and only $17 for a liter so worth the cash. Followed it up with some WT80 from 1994 a little more pricey then the 10 high but also more robust so they even out.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!