What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Fighting Cock while while watching a great college football battle between LSU and UGA.

ETL while watching 2nd half of said great game and while recovering from putting down over 50 pieces of sod in the yard. Now on to Wisconsin alums house for the nightcap :grin:. Bringing some more ETL.

A TPS FRSB OESO 10 yr 9 month 112.2 pr...definitely a fruity, slightly ryed spice bomb. I just might have 2 pours.

Some Lot B paired with a huge slice of Bourbon-Bacon Apple Pie and a rather large scoop of Vanilla Ice Cream on the side,one hell of a combination I must say and quite delicious.:grin:

FR 1B LE 2013 followed by a TPS PS OESF while I watch my Chicago Fire turn a great come from behind win into a painful tie. At least the bourbon was good.

Going for something very special now.

Started earlier with EC21 then did HW21 for fun.

Now sipping on a Willett 18 barrel 43!!! Neat and OMG. Even neat it is just so nice, smooth, and complex at 141.7 proof. I am one that never drank GTS or ECBP neat. This one is perfect as is, I think, but will try a splash of water for academic.

Thank you :)

All I can say is wow and not saying it yet but thinking, not many others are better.

uhuzyryt.jpg

Edited by tigerlam92

Looks like it has some nice color. I'm not familiar with that one; is it a wheater?

Yes and a very special one. :)

Sippin' OWA 7 yr paper label out by the fireplace. I'm not sure I can think of a better combo...

DW and I attended our first Boston Symphony Orchestra performance of the current season. We arrived an hour before the start, and so had time to relax in the lounge and I had my choice of the bourbons available: MM, WT81, and Knob Creek (the standard 9yo). I chose the latter, neat.

I think the bartender remembered me from last season. Keep tipping your bartender well, and pours have a magic way of getting larger...

The program was Mahler's Symphony #2. Gustav Mahler, he liked his orchestras large. This symphony requires seven percussionists on a variety of usual and unusual instruments (though no sledgehammer, that appears in his Symphony #6), a full-size choir (about 240 onstage tonight), two solo voice (soprano and contralto), the Symphony Hall organ, extra brass, and (in his words) "The largest possible contingent of strings."

It was... epic. The difference between hearing this done properly live versus listening to a recorded version is like the difference between a pour of GTS and one of a flavorless bottom-shelf 80 proofer. And, like certain other things in life, it's much better to experience than it is to read about.

Jack Daniels Single Barrel Old Fashioned. Pfister picked out a barrel for the bikers that were in town for Harley Davidson's anniversary. Couldn't resist trying one.

IMG_20130928_224002_920_zpsc69799e2.jpg

Jack Daniels Single Barrel Old Fashioned. Pfister picked out a barrel for the bikers that were in town for Harley Davidson's anniversary. Couldn't resist trying one.

Cheers from a local! PM if you need any suggestions on places to eat or things to do.

Having a small last pour out of my ECBP137. Tasty as usual:) not sure what to drink next. Feeling like some FRSmBLE2012.

Been a while so poured some V17. My palate is out of whack due to only having a pour sporadiccly lately so so it is tasting a bit hot but getting better with each sip. Usually this is my favorite bottle.

DW and I attended our first Boston Symphony Orchestra performance of the current season. We arrived an hour before the start, and so had time to relax in the lounge and I had my choice of the bourbons available: MM, WT81, and Knob Creek (the standard 9yo). I chose the latter, neat.

I think the bartender remembered me from last season. Keep tipping your bartender well, and pours have a magic way of getting larger...

The program was Mahler's Symphony #2. Gustav Mahler, he liked his orchestras large. This symphony requires seven percussionists on a variety of usual and unusual instruments (though no sledgehammer, that appears in his Symphony #6), a full-size choir (about 240 onstage tonight), two solo voice (soprano and contralto), the Symphony Hall organ, extra brass, and (in his words) "The largest possible contingent of strings."

It was... epic. The difference between hearing this done properly live versus listening to a recorded version is like the difference between a pour of GTS and one of a flavorless bottom-shelf 80 proofer. And, like certain other things in life, it's much better to experience than it is to read about.

The Mahler symphonies are much beloved of the Utah Symphony... Wish I could buy whiskey there, though.

Last night I had quite a bit with my neighbors. We shared Some Jefferson's Small Batch Loch & Key barrel, Some Jeff Rye and broke out the Pappy 12 and 20. I think I enjoy sharing Pappy as much as I like drinking it. Although I confess to wanting to grab the bottle at a few points when some of the pours became a bit heavy. But good friends deserve good whisky.

Sippin' OWA 7 yr paper label out by the fireplace. I'm not sure I can think of a better combo...

You sure you weren't messing with that fire a bit too much or did Jimmy come by and start up the whole pyrotechnic thing :grin:.

Reports of a Fireball Streaking Across the Southeast Sky Saturday

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/308006/40/Numerous-Reports-of-a-Fireball-Streaking-Across-the-Southeast-Sky-Saturday

I had been finishing stuff that was open. Eventually I made enough room in the cabinet to justify opening something from the bunker. I was in the mood for something a little different, so I opened one of the liters of AAA 10 year I had stashed. It's a recent bottling. I must say it's quite good. I totally get the Blanton's similarities this time. When I tried a bottle of AAA 10 year, several years ago, I didn't think it was this good.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!