What bourbon are you drinking - Fall 2013

Wryguy
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Polished off a bottle of Fighting Cock. Still pondering what I should open to replace it, but in the meantime I had a pour of SA VOS and then finished off the evening with some Rowan's Creek. That juice doesn't seem to get a lot of love around here, but it hits the sweet spot for me.

After having Joe the Mod's Weller blend at the Gazebo (which was very tasty), I decided to mix my own.

-250ml '12 WLW

-250 ml OWA SB

-250 ml WSR

Really quite good. I can't believe the oily drippings down the side of the snifter. I made add just a touch more OWA.

Polished off a bottle of Fighting Cock. Still pondering what I should open to replace it, but in the meantime I had a pour of SA VOS and then finished off the evening with some Rowan's Creek. That juice doesn't seem to get a lot of love around here, but it hits the sweet spot for me.

If you like Rowan's, try some Johnny Drum Private Stock. It's also from KBD, same proof, much cheaper, and tastier, IMHO.

Can't go wrong with a touch more! Sounds really good Phil. I was planning on a 4R kind of day, but now...

I had a FR's day yesterday Joe, and it never fails to satisfy. It's no secret that Mr. Rutledge and Four Roses are my favorite.

But, I do loves me some Weller Wheaters, and Joe's excellent blend got me thinking. I probably added another 50ml of the OWA, and it made a huge difference, just a fuller flavor, and better mouth feel. Next time I'll use less WSR for sure

The Mahler symphonies are much beloved of the Utah Symphony... Wish I could buy whiskey there, though.

Being a Mahler Scholar is good. Being a Stagg (S)trumpet is even better. Or so I've heard from the ladies.

If you like Rowan's, try some Johnny Drum Private Stock. It's also from KBD, same proof, much cheaper, and tastier, IMHO.

Thanks for the suggestion, White Dog - can't recall seeing much of that around, but I'll keep my eye out.

I think most people tend to like Noah's Mill better than the Rowan's, but I flip those two around in my rankings.

Interesting. I know a local retailer has some Johnny Drum but have never tried Rowan's. I'm tempted.

BTEC Twice Barrelled with a Padron 2000 on the deck . Perfect evening. The bourbon is a little pricey for me , but it is a good pour.

Party Source FRSB OESK while watching the Lions

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

So you are double happy today!

Have a friend with a liquor store who is buying a barrel from four roses and spent last night with him and some folks tasting the barrel samples trying to pick which one he is going to get. What a blast!

Ending the evening with some WLW from '12. VERY much looking forward to the BTAC release this year to do a side by side. In the past month i've been able to try W12 with SW juice (thanks for the suggestion at the gazebo Randy!), W12, LotB and a dusty WSR. Been a hell of a Weller month!

Ritt BIB dsp#354. ive been curious about this one. i totally see what you guys mean by it being too "bourbony"......i would not suspect it is a straight rye whisky. i havent made my mind up on it yet

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!