What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Stopped by a store with lots of Plexiglas and bought 2 bottles of EWSB 1995. The clerk kept apologizing for the dust on them.

Went looking for OHH 8/86 last night and found a lot of empty bottom shelves. Did find handles of Dickel 12 for...wait for it.... $30, which eased the pain a little. Stopped by one of my usuals tonight, OHH was long gone, so I said screw it and bought a 4R1B instead. Life's too short and there's too much good whiskey within reach.

You ned to road trip south my friend. Still here in good quantity.

B

I will, but I'm not making a special trip.

On family holiday trip, grabbed a WFE 7yr (sample had a blackberry jam kick) and a store pick of Corsair Triple Smoke.

Went down to the Cincy area yesterday and picked up a few things:

2 1-liter bottles of Single Barrel OWA Barrel #71 (Cork N'Bottle).....not as good as Barrel #67 but still better than the standard issue.

2 750 bottles of Very Special Old Fitzgerald 12-year......haven't tried this one yet but have read good things about it.

Just bought two more handles of OC 10 at $30 apiece. It's disappearing, and it is simply a good, cheap 10 year old age-stated bourbon. Not too many of those around anymore.

Sent from my KF using Tapatalk 2

2x EW Eggnog (getting harder to find around here

1x VOB 86

I was lamenting the loss of Barton's age statements and my inability to get any locally to my sister back in the Hoosier state, and she sent me this pic of the bottle she picked up for me. Good to know I have one stashed somewhere!

post-7099-14489820139491_thumb.jpg

Today I picked up a Wild Turkey Kentucky Spirit and a store (Clearview Spirits and Wine) selected Four Roses Single Barrel. Unfortunately I wanted to get a Stagg Jr. but they only got about 3 bottles and were all gone and being in WA the specialty bottlings may be very few and far between for a while.

Starting to panic about Weller 12. Used my 3 month bourbon money allotment all at once and bought two Weller 12 handles--of course nowadays minus the handles (1.75L). $78 before sales tax...

Got these two at two different local stores today, both for about $55 after tax. Sure the price was higher than it should be, but I don't have either and was curious (my ORV 10 bottle is a 10/90). I was actually out looking at the holiday gift packs and was not going to get more whiskey, but then my local guy pulled me to the back to and handed me the ORV. The other one was just in a display case. Funny thing though, the ECBP does not have the actual proof written on the label. I did not notice until I got home and I remember a sign saying something like 133 but without the number on the bottle I'm not 100%. Anyone else missing the proof info?

post-9128-14489820145118_thumb.jpg

Edited by MtnDew

I gave up on it last year, and relegated myself to the fact that the closest I would likely ever get is to see pictures of it on the net. Then lo and behold a local store that has had me on their waiting list for 2 years calls me and tells me they have a Pappy 20 for me. So I finally rounded out my VW collection (minus the 23 as I'm not overly interested in hunting one of those), and got the 20 for a reasonable price.

I gave up on it last year, and relegated myself to the fact that the closest I would likely ever get is to see pictures of it on the net. Then lo and behold a local store that has had me on their waiting list for 2 years calls me and tells me they have a Pappy 20 for me. So I finally rounded out my VW collection (minus the 23 as I'm not overly interested in hunting one of those), and got the 20 for a reasonable price.

nice. just heard the new BT Pappy 20 is quite good. I'd love to get one, but looks like maybe/hopefully next release.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!