What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

On the recommendation of a fellow SBer I went back to a store that recently got a store picked FR BP OBSO and a standard 100pf 1B OBSV and picked up a couple of the 1B bottles. I had kind of ignored it in favor of the BP pick but the word is they picked a pretty good one!

They certainly did! Good call!!

On the recommendation of a fellow SBer I went back to a store that recently got a store picked FR BP OBSO and a standard 100pf 1B OBSV and picked up a couple of the 1B bottles. I had kind of ignored it in favor of the BP pick but the word is they picked a pretty good one!

Picked up an OGD114 to bunker (and give me an excuse to drink the currently open bottle faster) and also grabbed a FRSB gift box for the "free" 125th anniversary rocks glasses. I should probably get another one. The glasses are pretty well made and I like the smaller size compared to my double old fashioned glasses which make my all-whisky cocktails look... inadequate.

Was sitting at the pool in Cabo when my phone rang. Got a Pappy 15 waiting for me when I get home.

A phone is the last thing I want by my side while at the pool in Cabo. ;)

OHH BIB gold at $8.99. I was looking for a good 100 proofer to make some bourbon balls for next week, and this was on sale, and fit the bill nicely.

Priced right - JBB and a JB Gift Box w/3 minis (JBB, Jacob's Ghost & Devil's Cut) - for $10.99ea. Looking forward to trying the DC and Ghost.

Got this little number in the mail today. 1855 Reserve W-T-10-92.

I wanna e-yell BINSTEIN with every fibre of my e-soul but I'm ignorant as to what I'm looking at :)

I wanna e-yell BINSTEIN with every fibre of my e-soul but I'm ignorant as to what I'm looking at :)

Export version of Rare Breed from what I have been able to gather. There isn't a ton out there but one michaelturtle1 edumacated me on it.

Finally scored a bottle of 4R 125th SmB. Picked up a bottle of RHF so the 4R wouldn't feel lonely on the drive home.

Export version of Rare Breed from what I have been able to gather. There isn't a ton out there but one michaelturtle1 edumacated me on it.

I was about to pick up an AE for $40 at the local ShopRite (!), when I spotted a big ol' handle of AAA 10 yr for $30. I never saw AAA 10 yr before but people rave about it so I grabbed it. I don't even know if it was a good price but I figure at that price I can't go wrong. I'll come back for the AE next time.

I was about to pick up an AE for $40 at the local ShopRite (!), when I spotted a big ol' handle of AAA 10 yr for $30. I never saw AAA 10 yr before but people rave about it so I grabbed it. I don't even know if it was a good price but I figure at that price I can't go wrong. I'll come back for the AE next time.

Good score on the AAA, as it is a discontinued product that won't be restocked. Hope you enjoy!

Picked up a case of Jackie's FW&S Private Barrel Select 4R SB today while working (as if that's work...) through some samples of an EC12 selection they're doing.

Great price on a solid pour! Actually, AE @ $40 is a great price too! Enjoy!

Picked up a case of Jackie's FW&S Private Barrel Select 4R SB today while working (as if that's work...) through some samples of an EC12 selection they're doing.

Wow, sounds pretty rough! :lol:

Great price on a solid pour! Actually, AE @ $40 is a great price too! Enjoy!

Yeah, I've seen AE for $42 and $45 and when I saw $40 I was going to pull the trigger. But there was a shelf full of AE and only 2 AAA, so I went for the AAA today. I'll go back.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17082[/ATTACH]

PHC7

THH '13

MC BIB

I figured that throwing in a Mellow Corn made it a well-balanced purchase.

Mmmmmm, Mellow Corn...

Not too shabby with the other purchases, either.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17082[/ATTACH]

PHC7

THH '13

MC BIB

I figured that throwing in a Mellow Corn made it a well-balanced purchase.

Id like to try they MC, but I'm too cheap for the others. Had I thought about it, Id have grabbed a MC when i was at the store today getting a HH BIB for some bourbon balls.

If PHC 7th didn't keep reappearing I probably wouldn't have bought one, but since it's on the shelves in NorCal I picked one up. Call me a sucker.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!