What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I have added a few "off-the-beaten-path stores to my trip toward Cincinnati tomorrow in hopes of bunkering down on VOB BIB. I have been giving them out to friends left and right and don't have any left. Ooops. I do the same with W12, might want to stop that too.

I have added a few "off-the-beaten-path stores to my trip toward Cincinnati tomorrow in hopes of bunkering down on VOB BIB. I have been giving them out to friends left and right and don't have any left. Ooops. I do the same with W12, might want to stop that too.

That's what you get for being generous.

I never see either around here, so pick up some extra for me, Mr. Nice Guy.

Got an AECS added to my bunker.

Bunker.

Bunker.

As much as I've mocked that term since I started really getting into whiskey, I realized that I have over 100 unopened bottles of American whiskey, and almost as many of scotch. I think I just have to come to terms with the fact that I have a bunker, and just own it. And stop buying. Sheesh.

I can tell you what I won't be buying today.

boy, if they were to announce today that OGD BIB was being discontinued, theyd have to call the national guard into MS....

Squire, go load up all the age stated VOB you can find, then shoot a harshly worded email to Barton about how you feel about it.

Well, after going through half a bottle of Stagg Jr recently...I decided to go back to the store I bought the first bottle from to pick up the remaining two on the shelf at $50. To me, it's a great bottle at $50.

A friend of mine who is definitely a bourbon drinker, but knows less about the subject than do I (no brag, just fact), claimed he went into an area store a couple of days ago and they had a big display of Pappy on the end of an aisle, for $50 or so. I found that virtually impossible to believe, but went out over the noon hour to check it out, since I needed to do some XMas shopping at a nearby store anyway. The Pappy end cap was obviously a hallucination/misunderstanding/prevarication. But I picked up a bottle of Henry McKenna BIS to replace one that was polished off recently. Not terribly common around here and they only had two left, the third grade art project label. Did I hear they were phasing that one out, or am I hallucinating too?

Did I hear they were phasing that one out, or am I hallucinating too?

No, not hallucinating - I've already seen the new label in these parts.

Got an AECS added to my bunker.

Bunker.

Bunker.

As much as I've mocked that term since I started really getting into whiskey, I realized that I have over 100 unopened bottles of American whiskey, and almost as many of scotch. I think I just have to come to terms with the fact that I have a bunker, and just own it. And stop buying. Sheesh.

I hear you, Trey ... I hear you. Going to coin a new term ... "Bourbon broke"!

Made a sort of "holiday" run today. The present for myself was a bottle of Lock, Stock and Barrel. Also grabbed 2x ETL, EWSB, and HW Rendezvous Rye.

Well, after going through half a bottle of Stagg Jr recently...I decided to go back to the store I bought the first bottle from to pick up the remaining two on the shelf at $50. To me, it's a great bottle at $50.

I agree with this assessment. It's not Stagg. When talking $50ish barrel proofs I prefer ECBP. But I like Stagg Jr in it's own right and have a few bottles on my shelf.

I had a friend in the Cincy area, so he swung by TPS for me. Picked 3x FRYL to use in my next batch of Barrel Aged Manhattans. Also had him pick me up a bottle of OGD114 that a lot of you rave about.

He is supposed to drop it off tonight. I feel like a kid on Christmas.

This is my first post on SB so a big Hello to all. I've been following SB for quite some time and have learned a ton about bourbon from the collective knowledge base that frequents this board.

Anyway, I always keep an eye out for dusties, but have never actuall found one - until today - and I think I stumbled on a holy grail type find. Its an Old Weller Original 107 Proof. I know this is most likely SW juice, but want to know if anyone can enlighten me on any other info like bottling date and the label on the shoulder. Here is all the info I can discern from the bottle:

Old Weller the Original 107 proof

The glass has what looks like a gold crackling pattern

No. M-3364 (handwritten?)

Alcohol content is listed in proof not ABV

No Government warning

Volume is in mililiters

Intact tax stamp that says "Distilled Spirit"

Address says WL Weller and Sons, Louisville Kentucky

There is a bar code

On the shoulder, there is a label that says "Compliments of Filmore Tucci"

And the best for last, $33.00 out the door with tax.

post-9641-1448982008803_thumb.jpg

post-9641-14489820087798_thumb.jpg

This is my first post on SB so a big Hello to all. I've been following SB for quite some time and have learned a ton about bourbon from the collective knowledge base that frequents this board.

Anyway, I always keep an eye out for dusties, but have never actuall found one - until today - and I think I stumbled on a holy grail type find. Its an Old Weller Original 107 Proof. I know this is most likely SW juice, but want to know if anyone can enlighten me on any other info like bottling date and the label on the shoulder. Here is all the info I can discern from the bottle:

Old Weller the Original 107 proof

The glass has what looks like a gold crackling pattern

No. M-3364 (handwritten?)

Alcohol content is listed in proof not ABV

No Government warning

Volume is in mililiters

Intact tax stamp that says "Distilled Spirit"

Address says WL Weller and Sons, Louisville Kentucky

There is a bar code

On the shoulder, there is a label that says "Compliments of Filmore Tucci"

And the best for last, $33.00 out the door with tax.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]17108[/ATTACH]

Welcome to SB. It looks like you already know what you have other than the private label (which I can't help you with.) I would love to hear your tasting notes when you crack it open - enjoy!

It's been a good week on the hunt this week. 5a2ameru.jpg7ubydete.jpg

Not bad for my first post I guess. Glad to be a part of the community. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!