What Bourbon Did You Purchase Today? Fall 2013

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Look a few threads down. It's no longer age stated. :(

And it appears from how little I found that someone beat us to it

Walk in to the liquor store to buy gift cards for Christmas. Asked about a Thomas Handy they had listed in stock via the interweb. It was gone but.... I walked out with 10 $25.00 gift cards, a bottle of ORVW 10, and VWSR 12. The total $344.98 Merry Christmas to me!:grin:

IMG_1988_zps1f3342c2.jpg

Ted

I never thought I'd see a run on VOB. I only know one guy around here who really likes it. It gets no love, but it should.

This is just amazing. Yesterday, we were flush and now it can't be found!

Walk in to the liquor store to buy gift cards for Christmas. Asked about a Thomas Handy they had listed in stock via the interweb. It was gone but.... I walked out with 10 $25.00 gift cards, a bottle of ORVW 10, and VWSR 12. The total $344.98 Merry Christmas to me!:grin:

IMG_1988_zps1f3342c2.jpg

Ted

Congratulations Ted! Not only did you get them for MSRP but it looks like you didn't have to pay tax!

I had to dig way back to find the 4 I did. Had to lay on the floor in on store to reach em! :D Still, I'll be on the lookout for a few more.

I had to dig way back to find the 4 I did. Had to lay on the floor in on store to reach em! :D Still, I'll be on the lookout for a few more.

And their security staff on lookout for the weird guy who was lying down digging on their shelf. :lol:

I had to do the same thing. Found 2 more tonight at a different store, also wayyy in the back. This has been a tragic day

I so hope it was the same store. That had to be a true wtf moment for the employees. Two men in the same day, rolling on the floor rooting through the Barton.

I so hope it was the same store. That had to be a true wtf moment for the employees. Two men in the same day, rolling on the floor rooting through the Barton.

It probably was if I had to guess. I explained to the lady what I was doing and she couldn't have given less of a shit

Congratulations Ted! Not only did you get them for MSRP but it looks like you didn't have to pay tax!

Thanks. There's not sales or income tax in New Hampshire. Live Free or Die!

Ted

Yeah, they just kept stocking around me. Richmond Rd?

No LBX Chevy chase. When I didn't see any at first at Richmond I just left thinking I'd find it everywhere else.

No LBX Chevy chase. When I didn't see any at first at Richmond I just left thinking I'd find it everywhere else.

It's like the Lexington VOB BIB cannonball run. One of you needs a monkey or dog as copilot.

Didn't actually purchase this today, but took it to a signing (and bought a SB for a present and he signed it too) and had Jim sign it. As always, he was the perfect representative of the brand. 2amyde4y.jpg

I bought two W12 today while out hunting today. My local shops all seem to be out. Hope that this isn't a sign of things to come.

Stopped by a local "wine store" that has a pretty nice spirits selection. Bourbon prices were all over the place, with some being very close to retail, while others were just rediculously high. Picked up an OWA 107 and a few bottles of ETL, which are both in very short supply out here...the local major retailer has been out of both for months with no estimation of when they will get it back in.

Picked up two Elijah Craig 12 year K&L selections, a Smooth Ambler Ten and an ETL which I couldn't pass up for literally half price compared to what I have to pay in my home state.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!