What bourbon are you drinking? - Winter '13/'14

bingstein
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

It's officially winter, so I will kick off the new thread. Having a healthy pour of VOB BIB with a splash of human tears.

ER101 - it is sweet on the front end, but I am picking up big rye spice on the back end/finish. Is there anything currently produced to compare this to? It has a familiar taste, I just can't pin it down.

Side by side EW black and EW white. The black seems a little sweeter, but the white has a richer deeper taste. Less sweet but more flavorful. Then I just dumped them together. That works too.

Just tried Rowan's Creek and Wathens Single Barrel for the first time at the intercontinental in the ATL. Both were quite good, with the Rowan's taking the evening.

Having another 50/50 mix of OGD 114 and Dickel 12. Sweet and spicy mix well.

I went to see 'The Nutcracker' with my wife tonight, and intended to get some 4R (dont know which it was other than it wasnt YL, but was gonna give it another shot) during intermission, but it was gone by then. So, coke it was.

Kicked the season off with KC and BH. BH doesn't get a lot of love here, but it is as smooth as a baby's butt!

WTKS pewter. We finished the whole bottle pretty quick and good.

Then into a 2001 EWSB which was not bad.

eqyta4ap.jpg

After a small blind sbs tasting of two Henry McKenna SBs (where one was a clear winner - and it isn't mine :lol:), enjoyed a lovely pour of PHC 5th. Wanted to get my palate conditioned to cognac finishes before the main event in a week :) Hopefully by then I'll know how to spell cognac without Google too!

Started the season off with a pour of ETL 15 YR. Man, this is so good. Down to 1/3 of a bottle, and when it's gone, it's gone. Then some '12 Lot B. Always solid as well.

Sent from my KF using Tapatalk 2

I started this thread after a few VOB BIBs.... Is there a way to edit the title so it doesn't contain a typo ("you" vs. "your")? I don't need to spend a long Kentucky winter living in humiliation.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!