Elmer T. Lee Commemorative Bottle?

thurst63
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

To a point I have moved on, I got into this hobby to relax and enjoy myself and it at time contradicts that reasoning getting frustrated not being able to track down a bottle..takes the joy out. .so to a point I do move on and give up on it..I know some people enjoy the hunt and I do to, to a point atleast..but I try to find products that I can enjoy on a daily basis and find the appreciation In them..In what's widely available. .so that I can drink as much of it has I want and to share without fear of will I be able to track down another bottle. .but I understand some folks love the hunt and to each his own

Search the topic bourbon zen.

When my locals run out of something for more than a couple of weeks I move on because there is just so much to enjoy. I could crusie 90 mins down the interstate and get most everything, including private select bottles that aren't available in the boonies, but to me it's not worth the time and gas.

Besides something that I tried last year and did not like may be more appealing to me now because my palette is changing.

I think it may have came and went already actually...

We don't pay you to think! Seriously I don't think it has hit Texas yet, I'm checking with a contact at RNDC and also my local BT sales rep to see if I can find out for sure.

We don't pay you to think! Seriously I don't think it has hit Texas yet, I'm checking with a contact at RNDC and also my local BT sales rep to see if I can find out for sure.

Totalwine Dallas has gone from listing no estimated in stock time for ETL on their website to having "Estimated in Stock: June 2014", so I also think it hasn't landed in Texas yet.

Found ETL and ETL Commemorative here in Southern California a couple weeks back. As far as I can tell all the stock is gone now though. A store owner I recently spoke with said he wouldn't be surprised if it's done for good. From what I understand, that rumor is unfounded though. Anyone know for sure?

Totalwine Dallas has gone from listing no estimated in stock time for ETL on their website to having "Estimated in Stock: June 2014", so I also think it hasn't landed in Texas yet.

good to know Ishad. guess i better start my twice weekly visits to TW again.

Found ETL and ETL Commemorative here in Southern California a couple weeks back. As far as I can tell all the stock is gone now though. A store owner I recently spoke with said he wouldn't be surprised if it's done for good. From what I understand, that rumor is unfounded though. Anyone know for sure?

It is not done for good - just in short supply. It will come and go for a while.

Passed one up at $89.99. I know, I know, I'm crazy for letting it go at that price.

That is just crazy - bought 2 @ $26.99, which is better than I recently just found standard ETL @ $30 which is just OK compared to bottlings just a year or so ago.

Thankfully I don't have much history with the brand, though I do like it and tend to keep a bottle of the regular stuff in my rotation. Was pretty easy to pass up.

After opening and doing a side by side, I found the Commerative to be richer, fuller and with much more barrel character. I assume it is aged a bit longer. Then again, the standard bottle I have open right now isn't as good as previous ones so I don't know if it says much. Overall, I am happy with the ETLC. I think it represents the best of what the ETL profile has to offer.

I have had a bottle for a few weeks but just opened it this weekend. I agree on all points! It is much better than my most recent regular ETL.

• 2 weeks later...

I attempted to order online today but received a prompt email stating it was being allocated to one bottle first come first serve. Waiting to see if I meet the allocation. $35.99

Well, it's shown up in North Texas to some extent.

Found a single bottle at a True Spirits today ($49.99)[/quote

Wow! I can't say what is a fair price in Texas because that is up to bourbon enthusiasts in that state. I did see a couple of bottles in Indiana this week for $32.99 and a fair supply in another part of Indiana last weekend at $29.99.

Found a single bottle at a True Spirits today ($49.99)[/quote

Wow! I can't say what is a fair price in Texas because that is up to bourbon enthusiasts in that state. I did see a couple of bottles in Indiana this week for $32.99 and a fair supply in another part of Indiana last weekend at $29.99.

Well, the other store in N TX, that has it listed (although out of stock), lists it for $35.99

Found a single bottle at a True Spirits today ($49.99)

Oh true spirits, how I love their selection and hate their pricing. If it hits specs or total wine at $29 I'll pick up a bottle. Otherwise I'll be letting this one pass bye.

Oh true spirits, how I love their selection and hate their pricing. If it hits specs or total wine at $29 I'll pick up a bottle. Otherwise I'll be letting this one pass bye.

Saw it at Specs today. Cash Price on the shelf was $28.68, but it rang up around $33.00

Thank you sir. Just got back from picking mine up.

Which Specs did you hit? I know DCBT went to the same one I hit. Wondering if we cleaned 'em out between the three of us?

Which Specs did you hit? I know DCBT went to the same one I hit. Wondering if we cleaned 'em out between the three of us?

Thanks again for the heads up today! I was there about 2-3 hours you I think, but only one of the four bottles you left there were still around. My price was also different than yours, 36 non-cash plus tax. Wonder if they jacked it up for the last one?.. oh well, still very reasonable.

So, y'all are saying it is in Texas?

Yes it is in Texas, though probably the best place to find it is at my house!

DCBT, they pulled that $28.68 tag off the shelf as soon as I asked why it was ringing up $36.00.

Using my bank card for the cash discount is what brought it down to around $33.00

Private messaged

Edited by Ishad

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.