Elmer T. Lee Commemorative Bottle?

thurst63
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Shamelessly this stuff is already going for $100+ on the secondary market. Hard to believe.

I don't know why people excited about this bottle. Same as the regular stuff with a diff label right? The thing is, these newer bottlings of etl are no longer being selected by Mr.Lee anymore so what makes them different from any other semi-premium bourbon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Not excited just for the extra 3 proof, but it has not been on shelves around me in Ohio for 3+ months. My bottle is getting low.

Shamelessly this stuff is already going for $100+ on the secondary market. Hard to believe.

Bourbon and it's hype really is proving that there really might be a sucker born every minute.

Don't get me wrong I definitely want a bottle of this, but even BTs marketing sheet on this states it was selected to be pretty much the same as the regular offering.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just don't see myself giving a $100 for this. I'll think it's time for some other sucker to pick up the burden.

I'd imagine the slightly higher proof will handle a splash of water nicely.

Wouldn't that mean it ends up...back at the regular ole 90 proof?

Passed on one of these today. Not because of price. Long story. :crazy:

Not excited just for the extra 3 proof, but it has not been on shelves around me in Ohio for 3+ months. My bottle is getting low.

Exactly. I've been out of ETL for months now. Once it hits my area, I'm likely to pick up a case. Now if there's standard ETL at around $30 on the shelf, and the commemorative at three times that, I'll stick to the standard.

Yeah... I don't want to buy a bourbon just because it is hard to get.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

I am in if it is close to retail for a bottle or two but not going to buy one for anything close to that price even if it means I don't get any. To much lovely GBS pick ETL still available in the basement.

Yea I got a couple of etl bunkered away. But it's not like mind blowing stuff and unless this limited release is special or unique in some way, I wouldn't pay over retail for it if I get it at all.

Yeah... I don't want to buy a bourbon just because it is hard to get.

Still nothing in VA for this... though standard is stocked so don't feel too bad :cool:

I remember picking up a bottle last summer shortly after Elmer passed away, and wondering whether this was suddenly going to get scarcer. I can still find it here and there, but it did get scarcer. And I also remember thinking, wouldn't it be cool if they bumped it up to 93 proof in Elmer's honor? And they did, even if only in the commemorative edition. Maybe I've got some sort of Elmer T. Lee sixth sense.

Last weekend one of my whiskey guys claimed the distributor told him the truck should have arrived on Friday with the commemorative bottles. It didn't. Forgot to ask how much he was going to charge. Maybe I'll have to swing by to check things out after work today. Although my sixth sense tells me its not here yet.

I remember picking up a bottle last summer shortly after Elmer passed away, and wondering whether this was suddenly going to get scarcer. I can still find it here and there, but it did get scarcer. And I also remember thinking, wouldn't it be cool if they bumped it up to 93 proof in Elmer's honor? And they did, even if only in the commemorative edition. Maybe I've got some sort of Elmer T. Lee sixth sense.

Last weekend one of my whiskey guys claimed the distributor told him the truck should have arrived on Friday with the commemorative bottles. It didn't. Forgot to ask how much he was going to charge. Maybe I'll have to swing by to check things out after work today. Although my sixth sense tells me its not here yet.

Tony, you are obviously some kind of scary wizard. Stop "wishing" for things to get more scarce!

Please ponder the possibility that all bourbon prices will gradually fall throughout 2014. :lol:

I haven't seen this here yet, but I think I'll stick to Blanton's for $34 - I don't like paying extra for a 'fancy' bottle. :slappin:

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.