Elmer T. Lee Commemorative Bottle?

thurst63
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The "BUB" ... Was this ever considered a premium bourbon. The bottles I have found have always been cheap...$11 - $12. And for an exceptional pour.

Only 8 cases of the commemorative bottling made it to NC (according to two different ABC reps). None of the counties I checked with got more than a single case.

How much are other (non-draconian) states seeing?

I drove through SC and checked a few stores and they never heard of ETL. It's out of stock all over GA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I drove through SC and checked a few stores and they never heard of ETL. It's out of stock all over GA.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Only 4 stores in Columbia ever carried ETL. They each got 3 bottles. None of them put it out. Greens is out but not sure of the rest. Don't know about the rest of the state.

Buffalo Trace had a press release over a year ago indicating supply for WLW, Blanton's, Eagle Rare and Elmer T. Lee would would be scarce for years to come. The limited supply for ETL has nothing to do with his passing. Our Rep also indicated to us well over a year ago that there would be supply chain shortages. We have already seen shortages of these brands in Northern Kentucky. Some customers don't understand it has nothing to do with the retailers; Buffalo Trace can't meet demand with their increasing popularity and distribution. The good news is there are plenty of less popular alternatives.

Edited by Eric B

Buffalo Trace had a press release over a year ago indicating supply for WLW, Blanton's, Eagle Rare and Elmer T. Lee would would be scarce for years to come. The limited supply for ETL has nothing to do with his passing. Our Rep also indicated to us well over a year ago that there would be supply chain shortages. We have already seen shortages of these brands in Northern Kentucky. Some customers don't understand it has nothing to do with the retailers; Buffalo Trace can't meet demand with their increasing popularity and distribution. The good news is there are plenty of less popular alternatives.

I remember seeing that posted about various BT shortages, and ETL was becoming more difficult to find, but Mr Lee's passing certainly added to the shortage of ETL. The run that has occurred since his death has made a bad situation worse

You are correct Sir. And Chuck and a few other well known bloggers have re-iterated this news as well. Yet, there are those that refuse to believe that the shortages are due to anything less than these labels being discontinued or put on "special" release status.

I remember seeing that posted about various BT shortages, and ETL was becoming more difficult to find, but Mr Lee's passing certainly added to the shortage of ETL. The run that has occurred since his death has made a bad situation worse

So, has anyone actually tried this stuff yet? I've only seen a couple reviews thus far.

I opened a bottle for our tasting library; it's good. Tastes like a 93 proof ETL!

I was quite disappointed with my last standard bottle of ETL and felt that the profile had suffered. Like many, I blamed it on the shortage and BT's haste to put something/anything on the shelves to meet demand. With that, I did not pursue the commemorative bottling and have been enjoying bunkered AAA 10 yr (which I find better than the current standard ETL).

But....last night I was offered the ETL 93. Of course I accepted and then enjoyed two double sized pours, each with a single but small cube of ice. I found it to be outstanding. Three proof points or not, barrel selection is everything and someone at BT hit a home run on this one!

I was quite disappointed with my last standard bottle of ETL and felt that the profile had suffered. Like many, I blamed it on the shortage and BT's haste to put something/anything on the shelves to meet demand. With that, I did not pursue the commemorative bottling and have been enjoying bunkered AAA 10 yr (which I find better than the current standard ETL).

But....last night I was offered the ETL 93. Of course I accepted and then enjoyed two double sized pours, each with a single but small cube of ice. I found it to be outstanding. Three proof points or not, barrel selection is everything and someone at BT hit a home run on this one!

Good intel and respected from a man who can appreciate AAA10. Bunkered some huh? Well played, well played indeed!!!!

Looking for some ETLC 93 prf myself.

I was lucky to get a bottle of this today, I will make sure to update the thread when I taste it (the minute I walk through the door). Oregon must've got a lot of this, like 6 stores are showing 12+ bottles each.

I was lucky to get a bottle of this today, I will make sure to update the thread when I taste it (the minute I walk through the door). Oregon must've got a lot of this, like 6 stores are showing 12+ bottles each.

Anxious for your tasting notes and opinion. Also, I'd like to know if you are familiar with standard 90 prf ETL and whether you enjoy it and if so, how does ETL93 compare. Thanks in advance suntour!

I was told just this weekend that 800 cases is the total release number so if you are going to grab one don't think about it too long.I was lucky enough to grab one so far,but honestly when is one ever enough and I have also been hearing very positive reviews.

I was told just this weekend that 800 cases is the total release number so if you are going to grab one don't think about it too long.I was lucky enough to grab one so far,but honestly when is one ever enough and I have also been hearing very positive reviews.

Thx Wainwright. Plenty distributed to grab more than one bottle. The trick is finding where it lands.

Has anyone seen this in the Chicagoland area yet? It seems like a ton of states have already gotten it and usually Illinois gets BT releases shortly after the first few states get theirs

I will say that there appears to be ample ETL 90 proof in Virginia. Not as cheap as last year when it could be bought on sale for $25 but then not bad at $32. Go figure....

SBS of reg ole ETL and the Commemorative bottle tonight. Honestly there's not a hairs width of difference between these two. As a matter of fact, I got my blind tasting wrong. :D. I am happy to report that both are better than I remember ETL being. Creamy w nice vanilla, fruity and round, w ample spice, and a nice lingering finish. Just a solid, well balanced bourbon. Still, I wouldn't be in any big hurry to open that black labeled bottle.

SBS of reg ole ETL and the Commemorative bottle tonight. Honestly there's not a hairs width of difference between these two. As a matter of fact, I got my blind tasting wrong. :D. I am happy to report that both are better than I remember ETL being. Creamy w nice vanilla, fruity and round, w ample spice, and a nice lingering finish. Just a solid, well balanced bourbon. Still, I wouldn't be in any big hurry to open that black labeled bottle.

Thanks for the notes, Sean! Looks like I can wait to open my ETLC, but that GBS ETL might get opened a lot sooner :grin:.

Thanks for the notes, Sean! Looks like I can wait to open my ETLC, but that GBS ETL might get opened a lot sooner :grin:.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.