Elmer T. Lee Commemorative Bottle?

thurst63
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Most likely will be a wide release. If 12k bottle count is accurate, if would be more prevalent in KY. You would see case stacks of the stuff.

If you do end up with case stacks, I'd be willing to take at least one case off your hands next week. Just as a favor, what with the cost of holding inventory and all. :toast:

I had a chat with my local store in the Boston area. He is going to check with his disty. I'll let you know what I find out.

Most likely will be a wide release. If 12k bottle count is accurate, if would be more prevalent in KY. You would see case stacks of the stuff.

What was the bottle count of ETL 90th B-Day Edition?

Dropped in to one of the local Spec's today and inquired as to when they thought they might see some Elmer T Lee. (didn't see the manager I normally speak to, so asked another sales-guy).

He told me they weren't expecting to ever see any more. I'm hoping he was full of S*** (he did suggest I try Noah's Mill instead), but it's looking more and more like ETL may be the next boom casualty...

Dude, don't ever believe anything you hear from a Spec's employee. It has not been discontinued. They always suggest KBD products, always.

When Raging Bitch was first released they told me that we would never get it here in TX because it was illegal to have Bitch on the label. :rolleyes:

Dude, don't ever believe anything you hear from a Spec's employee. It has not been discontinued. They always suggest KBD products, always.

When Raging Bitch was first released they told me that we would never get it here in TX because it was illegal to have Bitch on the label. :rolleyes:

This was actually an issue in Michigan. Link to story.

What's amazing about that story is that they say it's their best selling beer!. I like Double Dog myself, but the rest of their stuff isn't that great.

It wasn't true for TX. They just had not received it yet. I can tell story after story of misinformation and outright lies I have been told at the flagship Spec's in Downtown Houston. I stay away from Spec's as much as possible.

I can tell story after story of misinformation and outright lies I have been told at the flagship Spec's in Downtown Houston. I stay away from Spec's as much as possible.

Same here; I despise Spec's. It's like they are afraid to say "I don't know" so they just make something up on the spot.

I'm hoping he was full of S*** (he did suggest I try Noah's Mill instead)..

They're still pushing that one, huh....

This was actually an issue in Michigan. Link to story.

So what was the outcome? Has Michigan now got Raging Bitches everywhere?

So what was the outcome? Has Michigan now got Raging Bitches everywhere?

Always have, now we can officially label them. :lol:

Oh, I knew it wasn't discontinued. He was just trying to tell me his distributors were telling them not to expect any to make it to their store shelves.

I was sure he was just trying to get me to buy something that was in stock at the moment (even though I had a bottle of Green Spot in my hand).

Of course, they have had a huge display of Noah's Mill on their "featured item" aisle for almost a year...

Same here; I despise Spec's. It's like they are afraid to say "I don't know" so they just make something up on the spot.

That's exactly what they do in most cases, though there are a couple of decent people I've run across, who would actually get on the phone if they didn't know the real answer to any questions I posed.

As much as I prefer to shop elsewhere, I do try to stop in at this one particular Spec's location on a semi-regular basis, because-

1. They seem to get a very good selection

2. My daughter has a friend who works there - additional discount!

3. The manager there is one of those "I'll save the Pappy for my better customers" guys.

I don't know why people excited about this bottle. Same as the regular stuff with a diff label right? The thing is, these newer bottlings of etl are no longer being selected by Mr.Lee anymore so what makes them different from any other semi-premium bourbon?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

This release is 93 proof instead of the standard 90 proof. That's the only difference. More proof can mean more flavor. I'm sure that someone else with a good "taster" can keep the profile very close to what Mr. Lee maintained.

This release is 93 proof instead of the standard 90 proof. That's the only difference. More proof can mean more flavor. I'm sure that someone else with a good "taster" can keep the profile very close to what Mr. Lee maintained.

And as I understand it he hasn't been picking the majority of it for some time anyway.

That's my understanding also which is a testament to the skill level of those who have been doing the selections.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.