PHC 2014 - 13 yr Wheat Whisky

final442
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Odd as in it is not a bourbon? Seems like an interesting bottling to me if true. And, like the author of the blog, I am not willing to underestimate the PHC offerings until I at least try them for myself!

I am happy to see that the line seems likely to continue. And I wouldn't mind seeing that cask strength 10yo Ritt rye that Josh muses on either!

Very glad to see the line continue. Just odd to release a wheat whiskey when bourbon is the hottest thing on the planet. Not that it couldn't be spectacular, just odd.

This is what some hoped to see as a possible next step back when Bernheim Wheat was introduced. I'll buy, as long as its not $100 or over.

And what about this line: "Bernheim Wheat Whiskey is aged for five to seven years (soon to be age stated at seven years)" I'd welcome this too.

Edited by miller542

I'm not a fan of wheat whiskey, but honestly have only tried . . . two. Yeah, two (and one of those was a craft distillery). Neither of them had any age, and while wheat whiskey doesn't excite me by itself, I can't believe they would put the PHC label on something ordinary. I think if they offer it at cask strength, it will be an automatic buy for me. If sub-100 proof . . . will have to wait for more reviews from trusted sources.

Sounds like hearsay, so it's hard to put too much credence in it. However, 13 year old Wheat whisky just doesn't seem that exciting, but the proof is in the pudding

Put me down as a fan of Bernheim Wheat. Not an everyday pour but light and delicate and perfect for summertime sipping. With all the extra age compared to the OTS version, it could be really interesting.

Put me down as a fan of Bernheim Wheat. Not an everyday pour but light and delicate and perfect for summertime sipping. With all the extra age compared to the OTS version, it could be really interesting.

Fan here too, of Bernheim Wheat. The last couple of bottles that I have had exhibited a gorgeous doughy quality to them. It would be cool to see it at barrel proof, but even the extra aging on a potential BWW PHC would have me pumped to pick it up.

Even though it may seem strange to not have a classic "bourbon" as part of the PHC, I really don't think so. I'm sure Parker Beam was part/most/all of the creation of Bernheim Wheat Whiskey to begin with. If he created it, why not have it part of his Collection?

Curious to see the price. Will it be $80 since there's no longer a charitable donation with each bottle purchase? Stay the same, just because they can? Price increase because that's what everyone else is doing?

I find the fact of this upcoming release totally believable,what other spectrum of stocks have yet to be explored among the PHC line thus far?I could see a wheat whiskey would be a rather good choice or a rye for that matter.I would prefer the later of the two but a 13yr Bernheim may be quite good who knows?We can all just keep our fingers crossed for a rye to be rolling out of the ricks one of these days.

Can't say I am excited for this. There is a reason no one duplicated the bernheim wheat whiskey mashbill.

It will sell quickly based on the success if it's elders.

We have exactly 1 customer that regularly buys bernheim. Just one.

My initial reaction after reading this was just...meh. But, if there's a little octane in this release, I could get behind it. Seems unique enough compared to what's currently on the market and if the price is right, I'll end up giving it a shot.

I'm in the Bernheim fan camp too although I never has cause to buy one at the store. I'll probably end up grabbing a couple of these.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked Bernie Lubbers about this on twitter and he more or less confirmed it. Said that was what Parker was hinting at. Should be interesting!

I'll buy it and try it for sure, it'll be a new whiskey experience at the very least, and at best I'll love it, at worst it'll make a good gift to a buddy that loves BWW. And as for price, I hope that any subsequent bottlings of PHC will have a donation to the Promise of Hope fund incorporated, even the old ones that are going on sale at the BHC sometime soon. It's not as if we've cured ALS, and I like the charitable aspect of giving back by buying a bottle of PHC. Everybody is driving up their prices, might as well see some of that increased profit go to charity.

I'll buy it, of course. I like Bernheim enough, and so far, so great with the PHC line. And who wouldn't be curious about a cask-strength release of Bernheim? But like everyone else here, I've yet to taste a wheat whiskey that really impressed me, and I've had far too many disappoint. Masterson's wheat was a huge letdown (after the strength of their rye). Same with the craft wheats -- Dry Fly, Wigle, etc.

If Knob Creek can have a smoked maple Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, why not a Parker's Heritage Collection 100% wheat bottled in bond banana pudding bourbon?

If Knob Creek can have a smoked maple Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, why not a Parker's Heritage Collection 100% wheat bottled in bond banana pudding bourbon?

Bernheim is 51% wheat, and the rest is mostly corn.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.