PHC 2014 - 13 yr Wheat Whisky

final442
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

In MI the state listed price is $99.99. That's what I paid at a store that knows me well.

The owner did say that he was going to mark it up 20% for those he doesn't know.

Well you'd certainly walk out of the store with less pay.

That they call themselves Payless is always a source of enjoyment for me. In fairness, their prices on non-premium brands (not just bourbon) are actually good. But they are capitalizing on the in-demand items. Which is why I shop elsewhere.

Anyway, back to PHC. Sitting on the shelf with the PH7 and PH6 and looks great. I have too many bottles open at present to justify opening this one, but I look forward to it!

That they call themselves Payless is always a source of enjoyment for me. In fairness, their prices on non-premium brands (not just bourbon) are actually good.

Totally true. If you want some beer, vodka ,mixer etc or even Maker's or generic BT it's fine. When they jacked the first batch of ECBP to $99.99 I was done with them. They were on the forefront of the "cutting out the flippers" excuse for gouging their own customers. As I have said elsewhere, it is their right to charge what they want, but my right not to pay them what they charge.

Totally true. If you want some beer, vodka ,mixer etc or even Maker's or generic BT it's fine. When they jacked the first batch of ECBP to $99.99 I was done with them. They were on the forefront of the "cutting out the flippers" excuse for gouging their own customers. As I have said elsewhere, it is their right to charge what they want, but my right not to pay them what they charge.

I managed to pick one of these up today. I was hoping to get it for closer to MSRP, but $99.99 isn't too bad and it seems like there's less of this one going around than there was of the 2013 PHC.

Got one today. MSRP from the good folks at my local whiskey monger.

I had decided not to hunt, but glad I asked about it, I figured it had already come and gone but maybe just got lucky,

In MI the state listed price is $99.99. That's what I paid at a store that knows me well.

The owner did say that he was going to mark it up 20% for those he doesn't know.

How is it? I haven't seen it in the Ann Arbor area, but haven't looked very hard either.

Craig

I haven't opened it yet. My usual pattern.

It's strange that this one seems to be so much of a fight for us all.

I didn't even find out about Promise of Hope until March 2014 but it was sitting on shelves in lots of places right up to the summer (I'd even bet it still is).

I was counting on just finding some on shelves when I get back to the States but perhaps I'm going to have to hustle. But yes, two dumps gives us hope.

It's strange that this one seems to be so much of a fight for us all.

I didn't even find out about Promise of Hope until March 2014 but it was sitting on shelves in lots of places right up to the summer (I'd even bet it still is).

I was counting on just finding some on shelves when I get back to the States but perhaps I'm going to have to hustle. But yes, two dumps gives us hope.

I think this is a result of the whiskey popularity trend finally catching up to HH. It seems that they've done less (maybe nothing?) to embrace that trend and that along with the multiple dumps kept PHC as the last annual release to be easily available. Combine the uniqueness of this years style along with barrel proof and I'm not surprised its gotten much more attention than years past.

I agree it's more interesting, but the hysteria doesn't seem to correlate with the most interesting stuff.

I guess I see everyone slugging it out to outspend themselves on Willetts while leaving PHCs on the shelf. It's not odd to me that PHC8 is fantastic, just odd that the hysteria market understands what it's bringing to the table. Usually if it doesn't have a buzzbrand on the label it gets left alone for we enthusiasts who drink the stuff.

Oh well, hopefully the last to go up will be the first to come down.

I have reason to believe this will be hitting MD in the next couple weeks. That same reason is how I acquired my BTAC this year with basically zero effort. Keep a lookout folks.

Wish I could get a bottle of this. We don't get any cool whiskey in Waco lol :smiley_acbt:

Anyone see this on the shelf in California yet? I can't figure out if it has not got here yet or if I missed it already.

The HH gift shop had a shelf full of PHC8 at $129 as of yesterday.

Man, that price make me want to NOT reach for my wallet. And I love the stuff. I'm going to start enjoying wine coolers or beanie babies. Maybe chia pets. This bourbon boom is wearing me out.

Man, that price make me want to NOT reach for my wallet. And I love the stuff. I'm going to start enjoying wine coolers or beanie babies. Maybe chia pets. This bourbon boom is wearing me out.

Woohoohoohoohahhah...eeeee...eeee!!!!!!

Anyone see this on the shelf in California yet? I can't figure out if it has not got here yet or if I missed it already.

So lets see, we have plenty of this wheat whiskey that is not moving too well what are we to do?

We make it a limited edition and profits will soar.

post-10804-14489821638921_thumb.jpg

post-10804-14489821638921_thumb.jpg

So lets see, we have plenty of this wheat whiskey that is not moving too well what are we to do?

We make it a limited edition and profits will soar.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19659[/ATTACH]

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.