PHC 2014 - 13 yr Wheat Whisky

final442
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not sure how I feel about this one... I can't really imagine what regular Bernheim would taste like at barrel proof, so I think it would be interesting if they went that route. I'm guessing it will fall in the 96-100 proof range though.

I'll buy it, of course. I like Bernheim enough, and so far, so great with the PHC line. And who wouldn't be curious about a cask-strength release of Bernheim? But like everyone else here, I've yet to taste a wheat whiskey that really impressed me.

Word for word.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If Knob Creek can have a smoked maple Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, why not a Parker's Heritage Collection 100% wheat bottled in bond banana pudding bourbon?

Hmmmm, now Banana Pudding makes me wonder a little.... Maybe a little Jack Daniel's sneaked in??? :lol:

If Knob Creek can have a smoked maple Kentucky straight bourbon whiskey, why not a Parker's Heritage Collection 100% wheat bottled in bond banana pudding bourbon?

Bill Cosby would be all over that bottle!

-- Ravensfire

If Parker had tried Tom's GTS Banana Foster, he'd be hired to figure out how to bottle that :lol:

While making a run to the nearest Liquor store last night to grab a bottle of tequila for Mexican food night, I spotted a store selection bottling of Bernhein Wheat.

Remembering this thread, and having never tried it, I grabbed a bottle. Will give it a go this weekend.

Will be interesting to try to see if the additional age gives a bit more character to the whiskey. Bucking the trend by adding age statements, so this one probably isn't moving very well.

While I wasn't thrilled with my first brush w/ Bernheim, all this chatter is making me think I should re-evaluate. Perhaps too much haste in dismissing it? Or . . . just looking for another excuse to buy something new? :lol:

While I wasn't thrilled with my first brush w/ Bernheim, all this chatter is making me think I should re-evaluate. Perhaps too much haste in dismissing it? Or . . . just looking for another excuse to buy something new? :lol:

• 1 month later...

First time it's occurred to me to call a wheat whisky broad shouldered but that may be an apt description for this one.

It has the class/type listed as straight bourbon whiskey.

Thought you were kidding.

TTB is on fire.

After reading about the Bernheim/Rare Breed blend, I think I will finally pull the trigger on some wheat whiskey when I find an age stated bottle. If I like it, I may just put this one on my list as well. That is of course if PHC prices go back down to what they usually were - I don't think this would be worth POH prices unless I really liked Berheim to begin with.

TTB is on fire.

TTB not withstanding, I previously said "I'll buy, as long as its not $100 or over. " I'm even more interested now and looking forward to this.

Yeah, it's certainly a unique offering. I'm definitely warming to it. And just glad either way that the PHC line is going to continue.

...If I like it, I may just put this one on my list as well. That is of course if PHC prices go back down to what they usually were -

There is no "usual" pricing on the PHC releases. They have varied widely over the years.

I've been a Bernheim Wheat proponent, so I'm excited about this one provided that the price isn't outrageous.

Thread has been moved to the proper forum as well.

Edited by callmeox

Yeah, I think I'm into this. Bernheim wheat is pretty much a blank canvas that could be helped a lot by additional barrel time. Plus PHC doesn't usually miss, and ECBP shows me that HH's blenders are studs.

Will this be an extremely allocated rare bottle? I'd love to get one!

Sounds awesome!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.