What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I think I would keep it displayed on a shelf as an amusing monument to peak bourbon.
Maybe get it mounted on my wall like a deer head.

This whole owl thing is clearly meta-artistic commentary on the quantum state that is peak bourbon.

Passed on Michter's 10 and EC23 at 89 and 189 respectively. Not marked up but just too expensive for what you are getting. All my good bourbon spots have been hurting for selection lately.

It's amazing the range of prices stores charge for ECBP. I've seen 45 to 150. I guess that's one perk of VA. You know paying 49.99 or below.

It's amazing the range of prices stores charge for ECBP. I've seen 45 to 150. I guess that's one perk of VA. You know paying 49.99 or below.

I actually paid $43 in Ohio.

Passed up KY Owl at 169 and Parkers at 129. Is that the going rate for Parkers this year. I thought I read somewhere that MSRP was supposed to be 79.99. I most likely would have purchased it for that.

Passed up KY Owl at 169 and Parkers at 129. Is that the going rate for Parkers this year. I thought I read somewhere that MSRP was supposed to be 79.99. I most likely would have purchased it for that.

I picked up Parkers for $86 last week. Seems like the MSRP is around that price point.

despite my disdain for batch 2 that I paid $45-ish for, Id buy a newer batch at MSRP but not more than that. Id like to add it to some HH6BIB to get it to 110-ish proof and see what that's like

I've read many accounts of this on here, but this was the first time seeing it with my own eyes. I was in WI, and thought I'd hit a place I've hit before for some Handy (love that stuff). Walked in and they had some sitting next to some Stagg, each listed at the low price of $299.99. Further down was the Pappy line with the 20 year at the super bargain price of $1,999.99. Needless to say I grabbed one of each...NOT!

Seeing the Wild Turkey Diamond everywhere today from $124-$180. On the fence. Love the WT Tradition but its still a lot for a bottle i've never tried.

WE American spirit 15 (2007) at $120 -- wanted it but could not pull the trigger due to price which is fair but still a bunch of money

I've read many accounts of this on here, but this was the first time seeing it with my own eyes. I was in WI, and thought I'd hit a place I've hit before for some Handy (love that stuff). Walked in and they had some sitting next to some Stagg, each listed at the low price of $299.99. Further down was the Pappy line with the 20 year at the super bargain price of $1,999.99. Needless to say I grabbed one of each...NOT!

Oops...I meant $1,199.99 for the Pappy 20 year...put one to many nines in there...that's how shocking it was to see those prices.

Oops...I meant $1,199.99 for the Pappy 20 year...put one to many nines in there...that's how shocking it was to see those prices.

Whew. For a moment there I thought the seller was gouging.

Several opportunities for Rhetoric and Barterhouse, WT Diamond @ $125 not a bad price but need to research a bit more.

Saw a funky Black Maple Hill bottle with a purplish label. First sighting of the Oregon-made juice. Too iffy for me. Passed.

Passed up WT Diamond for $130 and OWA 1L store selection for $40.

That does seem high for 1L OWA. The last OWAs I saw in the wild were 750ml @ mid $20s. I didn't know the barrel selection re-started?

ER 10 (with the "10" on the neck label) at $33. I know it went NAS recently and that these are the older, AS bottles, but I just don't know if I care.

Tell me sb.com, should I care?

ER 10 (with the "10" on the neck label) at $33. I know it went NAS recently and that these are the older, AS bottles, but I just don't know if I care.

Tell me sb.com, should I care?

It did not go NAS, just lost its single barrel designation. I doubt those are any better than the current bottles.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!