What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

The champagne comparison is apt though being of the Saintsbury school I don't much care for any champagne. PVW will retain it's status until the label conscious crowd are told there is something better.

What can we tell them is better? I like PVW15 just fine but won't pay secondary market prices for it. I'd like to get the label conscious crowd moving on something else. Can you nominate a candidate?

I'd like to get the label conscious crowd moving on something else. Can you nominate a candidate?

i nominate all 4R products....

Honestly, I don't think anyone is paying those prices for pappy. Pappy is hard to find yes. But I think it's mostly hard for beginners that just on the bourbon wagon going to bevmo looking for pappy. But once you built relationships, pay your dues and time hunting, pappy can be found for retail.

Is the brand really important?

Yes. We need a name and we need consensus to get everyone on a different trail. People need a name to rally around.

i nominate all 4R products....
Just for that I'll be spreading a rumor on Facebook that HH6BIB has S-W mixed in and HH is secretly running out, so discontinuation is likely.

Or that Jim Rutledge distilled and blended KYOwl.

Just for that I'll be spreading a rumor on Facebook that HH6BIB has S-W mixed in and HH is secretly running out, so discontinuation is likely.

Whaddaya mean mixed in? I hear Heaven Hill has successfully cloned Pappy and keeps him chained to a 100% faithful replica SW still in a secret warehouse. The project started 22 years ago, and the bomb is set to drop next year. Strictly allocated to a single 3-case. *

*May or may not contain MGP distillate

Passed on EC 23 @ $189. Couldn't believe my eyes when I saw I it. Just couldn't spend the cash due to other stuff going on. Sometimes I hate life when it gets in the way of buying bourbon.

Or that Jim Rutledge distilled and blended KYOwl.

nice!

Thankfully, Dickel 9 has only caught on with a small segment of the market. Hopefully, just large enough to keep it going, and no more!

nice!

Thankfully, Dickel 9 has only caught on with a small segment of the market. Hopefully, just large enough to keep it going, and no more!

Passed on way more than i have bought lately. Rehtoric for 100, JD 2yr Rye for 50, EC 23 for 250, EC 21 150, WR masters collection malt 100, PH 3 different versions for 120, JR Ewing... The list goes on. Waiting for mid november when its BTAC season.

Good to see restocking in KY....

Passed over ETL, ETL Com, Stagg Jr, baby Saz and some Owl thing.

Never pass up the Owl. You'll just be mad when you realize you have to pay 4 times the current cost in order to get your hands on this rare and wonderful elixir.

Never pass up the Owl. You'll just be mad when you realize you have to pay 4 times the current cost in order to get your hands on this rare and wonderful elixir.

No, I regret not buying a shelf full of WLW about 3 years back.....the Owl...think I'm good :)

WT Rye 101 liters for mid $40's.

First time ive seen them, but I was on a HH hunt, so i passed them up

I passed on the owl for 159 and would have done the same for 59
If someone gave it to me as a gift I would probably trade it for something else. And we're not talking top shelf, either. Does that make me a bad person?

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!