What bourbon did you pass up today? Spring/Summer 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed on a barrel proof store selection of four roses OESV for 39.99 because I was out of town and didn't wanna lug a bunch of bottles around with me. Now I regret it, especially since most stores sell the barrel proof store selection for over $50.

I passed on a barrel proof store selection of four roses OESV for 39.99 because I was out of town and didn't wanna lug a bunch of bottles around with me. Now I regret it, especially since most stores sell the barrel proof store selection for over $50.

Well, I'll be back in that area this weekend so I can go ahead and pick up a few. They had about 5-6 bottles left when I visited. PM me if anyone's interested in the store name, they have free shipping in California for purchases over $150.

Pretty much unheard of pricing. Have you not learned anything here!!:lol:

Stagg Jr for $89.99, Barterhouse for $99.99, and Rhetoric for $119.99. I consoled myself with a bottle of OFSig and OGDBIB for $40.00.

Went out looking for OFSig, struck out. Passed up Barterhouse, Rhetoric, THH (had a "premium" markup), Baby Saz, Pinhook, Widow Jane something or other, Wild Turkey Tradition, and some others.

an OWA (a rare sight anymore), and two VOBBIB age stated bottles. I'm in bottle clearing mode, and those never did all that much for me anyway. If you're in louisville and want them, PM me.

Passed everything Jefferson's, OWA, RHF, CEHT SB, HH BIB and VOB BIB.

Of note, also passed on Hancock's in the pretty red bag. I do admit to briefly lining it up in my sights (as sighting of that and the RHF have both been pretty scarce of late) but didn't pull the trigger.

Went out looking for OFSig, struck out. Passed up Barterhouse, Rhetoric, THH (had a "premium" markup), Baby Saz, Pinhook, Widow Jane something or other, Wild Turkey Tradition, and some others.

If you continue to strike out and still want this one, let me know. I can get it here easily.

Passed on some 90's cabin still, Henry Mckenna, Wild Turkey 101 rye, OT 8 yr. Not tax stamp dusty gold but I took notice because the labeling is all diff than current.

Yep, different labeling indicating an older bottle is worth a look but not worth buying sometimes. Passed on 81 proof Wild Turkey with "Austin Nichols" on the label. I think this has been replaced by 80 proof and without Austin Nichols on the label. No big deal, but the different label drew my attention.

Passed up a bottle of Kentucky Owl. Really wanted it but at 160$ price is a little steep for a 6 yo barrel proof.

Passed up a bottle of Kentucky Owl. Really wanted it but at 160$ price is a little steep for a 6 yo barrel proof.
Any indication as to where the bourbon is from? The back story of the folks reintroducing the brand is intriguing, but not $160 intriguing. They are calling it Kentucky bourbon, so hopefully we don't have to add another brand to the list TTB violator list.

I wondered where those unsold excess barrels of Old Whiskey River went.
All the unsold bottles are in Owensboro, KY.

Not bourbon, but passed on Charbay R5 at $29.99. Bought a bottle for substantially more, but too far from my wheelhouse to buy another even at that price. I did by a six pack of Racer 5 beer to go with it, but liked the beer more than the whiskey. My son and I tried a boiler maker - his first - and both enjoyed the experience.

Everything BT. It seems like they have released the annual allocation of Blantons, ETL, RHF, etc to the state of MN.

Seems me like everybody is suddenly awash with them, when there have been very few not long ago.

B

Just passed on some ECBP batch #4 (66.2%) at $83.99 had a whole shelf. I'm stocked on the devils batch but wanted some different ones, but thats too much for me. If anyone in Manhattan wants to know where drop me a PM.

Also passed on a bunch of allocated bottles out at a store in NJ this last weekend (all the usuals BTAC, PVW, 4RLE, etc)...Sadly every single one of them were on a wine racked secured on the back wall laying on their sides and have been there for at least a year if not longer. Feel bad for whoever actually grabs them.

Just passed on some ECBP batch #4 (66.2%) at $83.99 had a whole shelf. I'm stocked on the devils batch but wanted some different ones, but thats too much for me. If anyone in Manhattan wants to know where drop me a PM.

Also passed on a bunch of allocated bottles out at a store in NJ this last weekend (all the usuals BTAC, PVW, 4RLE, etc)...Sadly every single one of them were on a wine racked secured on the back wall laying on their sides and have been there for at least a year if not longer. Feel bad for whoever actually grabs them.

Just curious, as a newbie, I have no idea as to what the adverse effects of storing bourbon on its side. Please inform me!!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!