What bourbon are you drinking? Summer 14

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Long day of soccer out in the heat and humidity and then watched the US-Portugal game. Started with a nice pour of EWSB 03 and then a 2:1 blend of old WTR101 and WT101.

After 5, 14 hours days in a row a my shop I plan on relaxing tonight. Started with some W12 then JBB then EWW, now planning my next move....

took a page out of smokinjoe's book today. tomorrow is recycling morning, and I had about 2oz of WT101 left, so i put the bottle in the freezer so I could try it cold, without the tragedy of melting ice in my bourbon. I'm undecided. It changes it, mostly on viscosity, but a bit on the taste as well.

maybe next time I'll try the fridge instead and see how that works.

I'm still feeling a little fancy, so I poured another ounce of Four Roses 125th Small Batch and now working on a healthy pour of 2014 LE SiB.

Had a pour of JPS18 batch 17 last night. Going through this bottle way too quick.

Started summer with a celebratory pour of 4R125th. I have decided to keep this one as a winter pour. It always reminds me in the best possible way of cinnabon and the holiday season, that said I certainly enjoyed every sip last night.

PHC6. There is nothing that I don't like about this one, but also nothing that really blows me away either. I have tried it right out of the bottle, or aired out for a half hour. Neat, or with water. Glencairn or rocks glass. I really want to love it, since I bought another bottle for the bunker a while back, but I feel like this will end up being a college girlfriend. Good at the time but in looking back, not really meant to be.

Trying to finally kill my Stagg Jr. Batch 1 once and for all. It's crazy how much water I need to feed this monster.

Currently in a bourbon free zone at my parents house but the past couple nights at my in-laws I enjoyed some EC12 single barrel store selections, WFE 7yr, and the cream of the crop, some '09 Stagg. Since I knew I was coming to a dry house I drank some extra those previous evenings to tide myself over.

Dickel 9yr BP. A nice whiskey, but I feel $108 is a hefty price tag for what it is...:lol:

Moment of weakness...:rolleyes:

Dickel 9yr BP. A nice whiskey, but I feel $108 is a hefty price tag for what it is...:lol:

Moment of weakness...:rolleyes:

Having some standard 4RSmB. It's nothing phenomenal, but I think I enjoy it a little more every time I drink it.

A pour of the 50/50 vatting I did several weeks ago of W12 and 4RYL. Butterscotch with a hint of char at the end as the W12 wins the battle of the finishes. I enjoy both of these solo but I like this enough to have made up a bottle of it for those times when I just want a simple pour, no water calculations, no thought, just pour and go, like at the end of a 13+hr workday.

In rotation right now is Stagg Jr., OGD 114, WT 101, OGD BiB, Charterhouse.

post-10178-14489821062741_thumb.jpg

following a dram of buck 8yo and the first pour out of a high west's prairie reserve bottle

post-10178-14489821062741_thumb.jpg

Family wedding over the weekend, a big garden wedding at my parents' property. A friend of the family was tending bar, and didn't bring any whisky (but made some fabulous cocktails, including a wonderful Negroni, and cases of homebrew were disappearing fast), so I grabbed WT101 and Larceny at a small local store with meh selection when out buying ice. The bottles were drained -- and not just by me!

Li'l more Larceny last night over BBQ. Tonight it's probably OGD over BBQ. I love summer!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!