What Bourbon did you purchase today? Summer 2014

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Thank you Tylermke. The 20 year is going to be saved for another day. I'll be opening a FR 2013 LE SmB instead.

I've tried the 20 year once at a bar, barrel 13H215 and enjoyed it quite a bit. Looking forward to the day I open my bottle.

Been on a long dry spell but got a few things in the last while. My sister got me two half bottles of Dry Fly. One bourbon 101 and a cask strength wheat. Also got a bottle of Lot 40 rye. Haven't tried any of them but hope to have a pour in the next day or two.

While on vacation last week, I found Sazerac Rye (non-BTAC) for the first time and bought a bottle. The store also had a couple bottles of Johnny Drum Private Stock, which I enjoy and is tough to find in my area. So I got one to add to the bunker...:rolleyes:

Yesterday, I was making a stop just to check out my usual place and they had one bottle of VOB BIB with the 6 year age statement, so for $13 that went home with me.

Today I will check out my other location since a softball game will have me in that part of town. Maybe I'll find something good.

Jason

Because of SB.com the first bottle of KCSB in more than a year.

Hey, watch the finger pointing, buddy! lol

Private barrel or off the shelf?

Saw a different PB the other day for $37, but walked passed it. At least I'm more conscious of the stuff, now.

Off the shelf and only $41.99. My dealers aren't large enough for private barrels. Did pass Rhetoric @ $119.99. Makes the bottles that I paid $99.99 taste better already, and yes I know most of you pay way less. It is what it is.

Baker's after a suggestion by Squire. Haven't tasted this one in over a year as well.

umy7etev.jpg

Found this guy on the shelf, no idea of how old the bottle is, but I'm guessing early 90s/late 80s. Hopefully someone with a little more "experience" can chime in. For 12 bucks, it will be fun to have a try.

For 12 bucks, it will be fun to have a try.

Money well spent. . . . . . . . .

Money well spent. . . . . . . . .

+1 Even if no better than the current - $12 is a good price! I prefer the 10 Star over 10 Yr (I think the extra proof points make it for me)

Leaving the US friday and Will only be back next year so i did a little shopping!

Couldn't resist the fact that WT is only available in the WT81 at home Eheh!

u5a7yteq.jpg

umy7etev.jpg

Found this guy on the shelf, no idea of how old the bottle is, but I'm guessing early 90s/late 80s. Hopefully someone with a little more "experience" can chime in. For 12 bucks, it will be fun to have a try.

Give me a call if it doesn't work out for you two! :rolleyes:

Jim Beam Black. really good for $21. Needs a splash of water... then you get all that goodness...

Picked up a bottle of VOB BIB and Larceny while visiting Kentucky because I can't get them in Florida and a bottle of High West Double Rye because the price was right. Also, added 2 bottles of ETL which I found in abundance in Michigan and has all but disappeared from the shelves in my part of Florida.

I picked up 3 bottles of the Four Roses Single Barrel 2014 Limited Edition today.

Real easy, they were in a box sitting on the inside garage door step.

umy7etev.jpg

Hell of a score right there. Really wish those that chase Weller 12 or pay $50+ for Blanton's got to spend some time with it. And no the 10 Star is no substitute unless you need something to varnish your old wood furniture.

I picked up 3 bottles of the Four Roses Single Barrel 2014 Limited Edition today.

I LOLed. All back and no legs I hope. More of an excuse to sit on the couch and numb the pain. :D

I grabbed one today. It was in a UPS box on my neighbor's porch.

Jim Beam Black. really good for $21. Needs a splash of water... then you get all that goodness...

You'd really love it for $17 here then. But I go the opposite way; I add some Knob Creek to JBB to get the proof up to 90.

Added a couple of Elijah Craig Barrel Proof to my stash. Based on the proof (132.4) it looks like they are from Batch 4.

The Four Roses 2014 LE finally hit St. Louis and was lucky enough to grab one before the store sold out. They went quite fast.

While out of town for work - I finally snagged a bottle I've been questing for. Picked up a Wild Turkey Tradition for MSRP.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!