Ec23?

TunnelTiger
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

$275 at the HH Gift Shop. I was there yesterday. No, I didn't buy one.

Yowza! Steve, did they have any of the HHSS on the floor?

The 21-year-old that I had was an excellent bourbon, but that's what you get with single barrel, some good, some very good, and some excellent.

This is what scares me most about aged EC. I'd almost rather the aged variety lose the single barrel distinction.

Anyway, I went by the local store today and and older gentleman bought all three bottles. He said "I don't even drink them, just collect. I've got Pappy, this, all the good stuff!" I walked off, rolled my eyes and just chalked it up as saving $200.

I did buy a William Heavenhill BIB 11 yr at $129. Probably a mistake, but it looked nice.

Edit: By the time I sent this, I saw your next post...that WHH is wonderful. Worth the price? Dunno. But, it's fine whiskey. I bought a bottle last Sampler, opened it up right away, and everyone who tried it really enjoyed it. I plan on getting another during KBF.

Edited by smokinjoe

Let's try this again. Yes, the HHSS was out for sale at $149.

Edit: By the time I sent this, I saw your next post...that WHH is wonderful. Worth the price? Dunno. But, it's fine whiskey. I bought a bottle last Sampler, opened it up right away, and everyone who tried it really enjoyed it. I plan on getting another during KBF.

For 275 you should get a rub and a tug . . .

For 275 you should get a rub and a tug . . .

Well, they do tug the money out of your wallet...and I think the last time I left I was rubbing my behind...

Anyway, I went by the local store today and and older gentleman bought all three bottles. He said "I don't even drink them, just collect. I've got Pappy, this, all the good stuff!" I walked off, rolled my eyes and just chalked it up as saving $200.

Sounds more like a flipper. A collector who didn't drink them wouldn't need more than 1 bottle.

Or even a bottle. Some true collectors soak off labels and save them in a scrap book. Don't drink them sounds like something he tells his wife.

Or even a bottle. Some true collectors soak off labels and save them in a scrap book.
I actually do this. Well, I soak off the labels. Haven't gotten around to putting them into a scrap book yet. Mostly because I'm afraid my wife will mock me for scrapbooking.

hmmm. I've never heard of soaking off a label. Might be interesting to try once.

My boss just picked 2 up for us while he was in Boston. $199.99....we'll see how it turns out.

Oh removing a label is easy enough and you can buy special purpose books with blank pages specifically designed to preserve and display labels.

Let's try this again. Yes, the HHSS was out for sale at $149.

And that's an impressive $101 dollar price adjustment from its $250 tag back at Sampler weekend 16 weeks ago.

Just realized I missed LCWoody's post on page 3... Understandably since it's a single barrel release there will be some variation. I just would like to hear some more opinions before whipping out the wallet.

As do I, this is one I will not seek out.

I have a high regard for Heaven Hill whisky but must agree with Mr. Russel's appraisement.

Just realized I missed LCWoody's post on page 3... Understandably since it's a single barrel release there will be some variation. I just would like to hear some more opinions before whipping out the wallet.

I'm passing. Not really in the market for 200-300 retail bourbon. Don't care how old it is.

Based on my experience with EC21 and EC22 I have decided to pass. Nice to try once but too dry and ashy for me to really enjoy. But I have seen it on the shelf locally already. I presume you have as well?

Yes. I know the 21 doesn't get much love 'round these parts, but I still like my bottle. Probably not the best value, but enjoyable. If the 23 had been closer to $160 then I probably would have jumped on it.

I'll stick with ECBP until the cows come home before I drop for this.

This is a very true statement. For me I don't regret buying it, I'm enjoying it. If you didn't like the 20 or 21 I wouldn't get it. The one thing that I really like about it is the nose. And my old grandmother told me to always find the positive in everything.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.