What bourbon are you drinking? Fall 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting as usual a double pour of ECBP then cycle though some of the other stuff that's open.

Thinking tonight Willet 12 KBF, HHSS 2 and PHC POH

That series is one of my favorite moments of baseball in my lifetime. I'm not a Sox fan but was rooting for them to beat the Yanks. Cheers!

Thanks. Cheers right back atcha!!!!

Couldn't wait - cracked open ECBP batch 6 for a small taste. My first impression is that this is as good as I remember my first sip of the first batch. Incredible bourbon - thick, chewy, chocolatey :yum: I don't recall a BAD batch, but I think batch 1 was my favorite. Will have to do a sbs at some point, as this might be just as good (or . . . since it is the one in my glass right now, it is better!)

At the last Indy 11(soccer) home game of the season. Good guys win in cold, windy and misty conditions. Started the night with a great bourbon oriented tailgate. Choices available: WLW '13, Willett 7yr P&M selection, FR PS OBSO, FR PS OESO, and Blanton's. May have had some of each. Ok I did have some of each. Maybe more than one of each. Had to ward off the chill:grin:

Blind SBS of ETL, ER10, and a private selection BT. ETL was the clear winner. The PS BT took second.

OGD BiB and WT101 in a SBS tasting. Enjoying both. I thought I would strongly prefer the OGD but it did not turn out that way.

14 of us went out to dinner and then came back here for a bonfire/drinks. half of them are winers, half bourboners..........i put out Booker's 2013-7, KCSB, Jailer's, HMcKSB, HH6BIB, and HH690. I had some KCSB to start, then moved onto HH6BIB, then to the HH690. I enjoyed the 6/90 the most tonight, but the BIB and the KCSB took the biggest hit overall from the group

Had a pour of 4RSmB as a warm up, then cracked open the new GTS. Wow, that's a big boy bourbon. Bold flavors, just a bruiser, absolutely loved it. My wife tried a sip. "That's not as smooth as some of the other ones." Well dear, you're probably right about that. Doesn't make it any less worthwhile.

Still out in the cold here in China. I miss bourbon. My only option at the hostels we've been staying at is Basic JD. (Hostels in China can be nice, like hotels.) I had a pour a few nights before and......yuck. Just don't care for it so I've been dry since. I get back to the States on Wednesday and plan to celebrate with a big pour of something as soon as I walk in the door. I'm already salivating.

Great football Saturday, Started off with some OGBIB & some OFSig in my coffee and then several pours of 4RSB, Blanton's, Barterhouse, EC21, EC23. When your team wins everything tastes better.

Started with a revisiting of the wheat whiskies - Bernheim 7yr and PHC 2014, followed by some WT Diamond. Finishing with some dusty OF, which is hitting all the right notes on a lovely fall afternoon!

Gary joining you in a pour of Parker's Wheat while preparing to grill Bavette. And no, Bavette is not Smokinjoe's date to the Junior prom. Rather it is a stellar (and cheap) cut of bovine that has rested in a marinade of red wine, thyme, garlic, onion, OJ, and EVOO. May report particulars of the outcome in the appropriate thread. But the Parker's is fantastic!

I couldn't decide whether to have bourbon or rye. So I'm having some Son of Bourye

Popped a bottle of ETL this afternoon to console myself on the loss of the Panthers... Feeling better as a result. Without a doubt my favorite bourbon. Almost makes me want to give up the chase for BTAC... Almost

Been a long day, but I have been pacing it out. Todays lineup while watching football. OGD114, ETL Comm, Bullet Rye, Four Roses SmB, and HH6BIB. Cant do it like this everyday or even every week for me, but it sure is good to enjoy everything you have consumed!!!!

same crew as last nights bonfire, but at one of their houses for some indian/pakistani food. Great dinner. One of them brought a '14 OFBB, and it was my first time with any OFBB. Im pretty vocal on my dislike of all things by BF, but that was actually a very nice bourbon....very sweet and caramelly

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.