What bourbon did you pass up today? Fall/Winter 2014

DBM
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I passed up an 8-year BP store pick of SAOS @ $59.99 today. I really enjoyed the one I got from another store, but it was quite a bit less expensive. Seems like the markup is starting to get out of hand around here. I can't wait to see how much they ask for BTAC this year.

I passed up an 8-year BP store pick of SAOS @ $59.99 today. I really enjoyed the one I got from another store, but it was quite a bit less expensive. Seems like the markup is starting to get out of hand around here. I can't wait to see how much they ask for BTAC this year.

my final semester's clinical leader is a huge BT fan and has the connections to get all that BTAC stuff. I ran into him at the hospital the other day, and even he said he was having a hard time this year, though he did manage several of them. That's just too much work; it is just whiskey after all.

Not really bourbon, but i was very tempted to purchase a bottle of Westland American Single Malt today (after the store owner had raved about it on a phone call earlier in the week), until I found out their price was $85.00!

Passed on a ETL @$65.99.

Had to do a double take on the price, walked out the door chuckling to myself at the craziness.

B

Passed on a ETL @$65.99.

Had to do a double take on the price, walked out the door chuckling to myself at the craziness.

B

Whoa!!!!! That's twice here in VA.

Passed on a ETL @$65.99.

B

That is just crazy. I also just past on it at $44.99. Same store not 1-2 months ago had the ETL Commorative at $26.99. I bought 3. See no reason to go near ETL of any stripe above $30.

Did a little dusty hunting and passed on a pretty old Tullamore Dew... from about '65? or so.

Didn't find any interesting Bourbons ...nuthin older than about '99.

Passed on a ETL @$65.99.

I too passed up some ETL this week, $69.99!

Then again, the GBS selection of ETL was so good it forever spoiled me. Regular ETL, the 90th birthday and the commemorative aren't nearly as good so I may never buy anymore anyway.

Between work and soccer, I have only been to the liquor store maybe three times in the last month. Today, I was in an area of Indy I don't get to very often and, since I had a little time, I stopped in three liquor stores. I passed on the same bottle of SAOS that Andrew did. Probably not the same store but the same chain. I also passed on a Lock, Stock and Barrel Rye for $114.99. I passed on it for $85 so this was an easy pass. I would probably pull the trigger at $50. I saw several bottles that I might normally pick up but decided to hold my money for the remainder of the fall release period in case something interesting comes along. I think I have enough to hold me over.

Passed on a ETL @$65.99.

B

Good job walking around. I'd refuse to buy anything from a store that tried to gouge customers like that. I've never had any issues getting ETL in MN anyway, so unless the allocation in your part of the state is vastly different, that price can't even be blamed on rarity.

Edited by Nillion

Good job walking around. I'd refuse to buy anything from a store that tried to gouge customers like that. I've never had any issues getting ETL in MN anyway, so unless the allocation in your part of the state is vastly different, that price can't even be blamed on rarity.

The only good thing is that it wasn't in MN. It was in a small shop in a small town in IL.

I had pulled some W12 out of the shop before, and went back to see if there was some left. Its not even the type of place that I would think would gouge.

B

Well not bourbon, but I passed on a WR Master's Collection Rye. It was still priced at $99, which looking back at old threads from a few years ago was the original MSRP. Didn't buy it because I knew nothing about it and looking back at an old thread, I can see it was not generally well liked.

I saw Beam Signature Craft Quarter Cask finished for the first time today. $39.99/750. Not really interested in this one, though.

Saw a new one today. BeanBall bourbon by Cooperstown Distilling. Has an old-time baseball theme on the label (since they're located in Cooperstown), but then I saw Distilled in Indiana on the back. Passed.

Passed on EC23 as I already have one, Jeffersons 21 Rye as I'm not a fan of rye, and Jeffersons Chefs Collaboration just because.

Passed on 2014 WLW, Handy, Stagg and ER17 for $499 each in a local liquor store that will not be getting any business from me.

Passed on some ETL. It seems to have sprung up in NJ a lot this week. I know the brand isn't going anywhere, so no need buy it all up now.

Left some HWMWND on the shelf, don't need any more, but let's say the thought of yet another crossed my mind until I was distracted by an ECBP.

post-9084-14489821635783_thumb.jpg

Passed up on these. The Midwinter Nights Dram was also on the shelf and previously purchased, so I've had my fill of special, barrel-finished ryes. That said, these would be fun to try and compare.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!