Which Water of Life Did You Purchase Today?-Fall/Winter 2014

garbanzobean
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Just picked up a Glendronach Cask Strength. Really like their 15yo and am looking forward to giving this a go. Also grabbed an Ardbeg 10 for my daily peat fix.

Teeling small batch today for me - never tried it before, but the price was reasonable. I wish it was natural color, but 46% NCF is a good start!

Just picked up a Glendronach Cask Strength. Really like their 15yo and am looking forward to giving this a go. Also grabbed an Ardbeg 10 for my daily peat fix.

Teeling small batch today for me - never tried it before, but the price was reasonable. I wish it was natural color, but 46% NCF is a good start!

It is rum cask finished so you may find it a bit sweeter than you expect. Not aware if it has color added but it is pretty light colored to begin with and I doubt it has much if any effect based on reviews of the impact of added color on flavor in scotch.

I picked these up at the store today. I really need to SLOW down on the buying...

post-11331-14489821646855_thumb.jpg

Pictured: Balvenie 15 SB, Compass Box The Lost Blend (new on shelves), Colonel E.H. Taylor Barrel Proof, Four Roses OBSV 9 years 2 months, and Springbank 12 Cask Strength.

Most are for backups, but I saw the Colonel Barrel Proof and Compass Box---had to get them.

G&M Mortlach 15. I still have a bit more than half a bottle of this, but I decided better safe than sorry when I saw it on sale. Really been an outstanding way to scratch my sherry itch.

G&M Mortlach 15. I still have a bit more than half a bottle of this, but I decided better safe than sorry when I saw it on sale. Really been an outstanding way to scratch my sherry itch.

I took advantage of Hi-Times' 1 day sale to score two bottles of Glenfarclas 21 for $108 each (which go for $140 before tax around here) and a bottle of CB The Lost Blend, which is apparently a throwback to Eleuthera, the all-malt blend that predates Flaming Heart. Not sure if/when it'll be hitting Binny's (I imagine it will since it clocks in just over 12k bottles), but I doubt they'll offer it for any less than the $90 I got it for on sale.

I took advantage of Hi-Times' 1 day sale to score two bottles of Glenfarclas 21 for $108 each (which go for $140 before tax around here) and a bottle of CB The Lost Blend, which is apparently a throwback to Eleuthera, the all-malt blend that predates Flaming Heart. Not sure if/when it'll be hitting Binny's (I imagine it will since it clocks in just over 12k bottles), but I doubt they'll offer it for any less than the $90 I got it for on sale.

I found an Eleuthera a while back and haven't opened it yet. It should make for an interesting SBS. But $90 for this new one seems like a pretty good price. I think it is at $100 or more typically around here.

I found an Eleuthera a while back and haven't opened it yet. It should make for an interesting SBS. But $90 for this new one seems like a pretty good price. I think it is at $100 or more typically around here.

Sample swap! ..................

I'm torn on going for the Lost Blend or not. I have a bottle of the 2010 Flaming Heart bunkered, and can still get the 2012 relatively easily.

Picked up 2 bottles of Glendronach Revival (15yr) and 2 bottles of Aberlour A'Bunadh (batch 45) at my local liquor store, they are having a Scotch sale during the month of November. 15% off. Normal prices of Glendronach Revival is $69.99 and Aberlour is $54.99. I have had neither, but heard very good reviews. The Glendronach is a sherry bomb, but not too sweet.

post-11331-14489821661029_thumb.jpg

post-11331-14489821661029_thumb.jpg

I'm torn on going for the Lost Blend or not. I have a bottle of the 2010 Flaming Heart bunkered, and can still get the 2012 relatively easily.

With the volume of the release, I would imagine it will stick around for awhile. Their NY Blend is still on some shelves and that was around 1800 bottles in 2012! Then again, that may have been U.S. only whereas I believe the Lost Blend bottle count includes overseas.

With the volume of the release, I would imagine it will stick around for awhile. Their NY Blend is still on some shelves and that was around 1800 bottles in 2012! Then again, that may have been U.S. only whereas I believe the Lost Blend bottle count includes overseas.

I'm waiting on the Glasgow Blend to drop in MD. I predict that bottle will not last very long.

I'm waiting on the Glasgow Blend to drop in MD. I predict that bottle will not last very long.

Sounds delicious. Looking forward to it.

Sounds delicious. Looking forward to it.

Totally agree, I hope Minnesota gets some of it. Thinking about opening up The Lost Blend tonight, to see if I should bunker a few additional bottles.

Balvenie 15 SB, Ardbeg Oogie, and Springbank CV.

What a trifecta! All three are fantastic drams.

Clynelish 14 year. My first time with this one. I'm really enjoying it.
I ordered a bottle of Duncan Taylor Clynelish 23 today. I had mixed feelings about the 14 at first, but came to enjoy it in the end. I think it'll be something special with 9ish extra years.

Picked up 2 bottles of Glendronach Revival (15yr) and 2 bottles of Aberlour A'Bunadh (batch 45) at my local liquor store, they are having a Scotch sale during the month of November. 15% off. Normal prices of Glendronach Revival is $69.99 and Aberlour is $54.99. I have had neither, but heard very good reviews. The Glendronach is a sherry bomb, but not too sweet.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19717[/ATTACH]

Been to those stores many times, wish I had a relative there who knew enough to get me some things I wanted and ship, but unfortunately none of my in-laws know enough about Single Malt to get me the right stuff. Definitely a great deal on the Revival.

Found a Signatory Cask Strength 1983 Caol Ila 30 for a semi-reasonable price, so I ordered it. I get the feeling I won't be able to find 20+ yr bottlings of Caol Ila for prices I can afford in a year or so.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.