your most consumed label

393foureyedfox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I thought this would be an interesting topic. Everyone here has a favorite bourbon, favorite rye, favorite whiskey, etc, and most are vocal about it. A truer picture may come out, whether we are aware of it or not, by stating what single label you've consumed more of than anything. This factors availability, cost, quality, taste and other specifics in as a whole...and I thought it'd be interesting.

Mine is Heaven Hill 6 year BIB. It's not my top/favorite bourbon, but is at the bottom of my top 5, and considering it's easily attained here in KY and is $10-11, I've gone through more of this label than anything. It's good, and you don't cringe at the thought of finishing off a bottle, leaving you free to just enjoy it.

So, what's yours?

Let me think about this one . . .

pre-prohibition doesnt count.....

just messin' with ya, squire:grin:

great idea for a thread. I don't think i've settled on a favorite label, but i'm hoping to get some inspiration here. I'm just getting to the point where I think I've tried everything on the shelf at my local store. Haven't tried everything twice, but I'd probably say Evan Williams Single Barrel for now.

Checked my bourbon log for the past three years and found a dead heat between AAA10 and VOB 6YO BIB. Drank the last two bottles of VOB last summer. Have a handle of AAA left--which will be kept in the "reference library" until Mrs. F shares it with her next husband.

If "label" includes different iterations that go by the same name, then it is Evan Williams Blk, White, 1783, and SB.

I haven't leaned too heavily on anything I love yet, since I'm trying too many bottles to keep up with. What I have leaned on, has been to kill the bottles because I wasn't thrilled with them, which isn't really the spirit of your question.

However, after I clean up the significant armada of opened bottles, I PLAN to lean on:

1. OWA/SB blend.

2. SAOS

3. EC12/BP if I can ever find some

4. ETL

5. 4R store selects

6. OGD114

I also have to do more work following your Heaven Hill investigations, Doug, since that distillery keeps coming up trumps for me.

In my adulthood, I've probably consumed more 8yr WT 101 than anything (well there was that 4 years of JB white blur called college:grin:). Over the past few years, I seem to have gone out of my way to avoid regularity.

Once the OC 10, AAA 10yr and ages stated 101 were gone, I guess you can say that I've spread my wings!

Hmmmmm.... Four way tie?

EW Vintage SB

SB Blend

Henry McKenna 10 yr. BIB

Old Forester Signature

....and I'd add Ezra B SB, except I've come lately to fear a fall-off in quality of the newer bottles; so I'm saving the several I have bunkered and kinda rationing 'em. I know many here don't give much of a damn for the NDP brands; but this one hits my sweet spot... or at least it used to.....

OGD BIB and EC12.

The first because I offer it to all my guests and bring a bottle whenever a friend has people over, and the latter due to my own personal consumption.

I find I get on a kick for a while, drink nothing but that and then switch gears onto something else. For me it started with Beam, then during college it was Maker's, in the Navy it was Knob Creek bought dirt cheap in the Exchange. After the Navy I bounced between brands trying different things before settling onto Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond. Alas now that has been discontinued I find myself saving my stash of OF BiB for "special occasions" and drinking a fair of amount of Henry McKenna BiB 10 year. I also buy in bulk now - if I find a private bottling of something I like I'll buy a case or two depending on price and how much I like it. Last year I went through about 8 bottles of a really nice Loch and Key bottling of Elmer T. Lee. And I wish I'd bought more, although I've put aside a few bottles for the future.

Thanks to this group...it is OGD114. Just bought my first bottle of OGD BIB today. Can't wait to try it.

I can't think of anything I've had more than one bottle of this year. maybe EWSB? I can tell that HH6 BiB is going to be a staple around here, though.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.