your most consumed label

393foureyedfox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I can't think of anything I've had more than one bottle of this year. maybe EWSB? I can tell that HH6 BiB is going to be a staple around here, though.

OGD 114 and BIB to be sure. Although I've probably consumed more bottles of the OGD 86/80 than anything else as that was my go to bourbon for a while when I first started to really discover bourbon.

Everyone here has a favorite bourbon, favorite rye, favorite whiskey, etc, and most are vocal about it.

I'm not sure which is the winner, but my guess at my top 3 most consumed would be OWA, ETL and OGD 114. It was BT at first - then I discovered OWA and ETL. Recently, OGD 114 seems to drain faster - although this is in part because it is my go-to for baking/cooking.

Unless I can group FRSB (retail and any private barrel pics) as one label, but I don't think of those as the same.

I do agree with Thad though - I don't have a favorite; I have 80 some bottles open, and in spurts I will hot one thing over the others, but not because the others fell out of favor. So I don't empty bottles anymore with great frequency.

In my adult life it's good 'ol Jack Daniels hands down, by a wide margin. But since I've become a bourbon geek I rarely touch the stuff. I spread the love around a lot. But if I had to name one it would probably be ER10, closely followed by EWSB and EC12.

Was JBW, then KC, followed closely by EC12. I find myself reaching for the KC more than ever though nowadays. Just down right good stuff.

i didnt know you IN guys got that one.

Im hoping, based on the effort of creating new labelling for it, that it'll be around for a while yet. But, I have 30 of 'em bunkered just in case....buy in quantity, and they're even cheaper!

We have the HH6 BiB here and we also get an 80-proof NAS (or is it 36-month?) green label, though I don't waste my time with that one. I haven't seen any other Heaven Hill branded bottles.

Since the new label came out I've started to see it even in stores that didn't carry it before, so I'm hopeful that it'll stick around.

The bottles I find myself needing to replace the most often are:

OGD114

EC12

Larceny

ETL used to be on that list, but I've gotten very stingy with it. Weller 12 looks to be moving off my frequent pour list too, as it seems to finally be getting scarce in TX.

OGD 114 has been the most consumed of any one particular release. Larceny and OWA are close seconds.

Four Roses has been the most bottles purchased, as they have so many fantastic releases; I go through them much more slowly.

taking my full history into account:

1) JD

2) GD12

3) WT

4) 4RSB with a bullet and with the top spot well within view

Based on history, it is Weller Special Reserve. Since expanding into other bourbons, I don't really have a most consumed. There's so many to choose from. I hear enough about a brand, and I go get a bottle. I drink some of it, and then move on to another bourbon, and go back to the others every so often. I think I've developed BADD. Bourbon Attention Deficit Disorder.

I've been keeping track of my empty bottles counts in a spreadsheet and sorted it to see what are the counts

1) Four Roses Private Selections (19)

2) Elijah Craig 12 (9)

3) Elijah Craig Barrel Proof (8)

I didn't include any other Four Roses products such as LEs and their regular expressions into the PS, but if I did the count rises to over 35. Does that make me a Four Roses fanboy?

It would have to be a toss up between FRSmB and FRSB. But now that I know I can get FRSB in KY for less then the FRSmB costs me in Michigan I can see it changing to FRSB.

Best regards, Tony

I'm pretty all over the place, but EWBiB would have to be up there, I think I've bought gone through 6 family size bottles this year, though usually have some help with those.

Following that would be Ritt, but it's falling behind the last few months as barrel proof ryes with a little age on them have gotten more available.

ECBP- Around or near 20 bottles consumed. Nowadays

ORVW/PVW 15 - was my daily. 10-15 consumed. Some years ago

LotB - after the 15 is harder to come by this was in my decanter 6-8 bottles consumed. Couple of years ago. Was a solid pour but not a great pour to me.

SB Blend - is in my decanter now. Nowadays. Started this last year only.

Then I cycle through all the other stuff I have.

Wow, in the past, oh, say, year and a half, I'm pretty sure I haven't thrown out more than 2 bottles of any one label. Then again, I have more than 50 open bottles (expanding past the bourbons into rye, etc.) and really do have Bourbon Attention Deficit Disorder. I'm not throwing bottles out that frequently. I keep on returning to ER10, EWSB, EC12, 4RSmB, KC or KCSB, and some iteration of Old Scout, but that still only means I'm cycling back to one of those maybe one out of every 4-5 pours. If even that frequently.

I like to try to keep different ones in rotation. In the last year or so, I've kept HH 6 year BIB, Old Fitz BIB, Fighting Cock, and Old Forester Sig consistently in the line up. I used to get OWA and W12 when they were around.

Wow, in the past, oh, say, year and a half, I'm pretty sure I haven't thrown out more than 2 bottles of any one label. Then again, I have more than 50 open bottles (expanding past the bourbons into rye, etc.) and really do have Bourbon Attention Deficit Disorder. I'm not throwing bottles out that frequently. I keep on returning to ER10, EWSB, EC12, 4RSmB, KC or KCSB, and some iteration of Old Scout, but that still only means I'm cycling back to one of those maybe one out of every 4-5 pours. If even that frequently.

Hate to quote myself, but this question got me thinking. I have tried to mentally recreate all the whiskey I've drank going back two weekends. God knows I might be forgetting something, but I come up with ER10, Son of Bourye, Bulleit rye, WT101, EzraB SB, AE, KC, Jameson, WFE10, WR 4 Wood, HHSS/2, OGD114, Saz18 and a BTEC. Other than the Son of Bourye (main bottle for a quick camping trip), I had no more than 2 pours of any of them. Which explains why I'm not finishing too many bottles and why I have a hard time coming up with a definitive "most consumed label). I'm all over the board in terms of type of whiskey, price range, distiller, etc.

And of that bunch the only bottle I finished was the BTEC, a .375.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.