your most consumed label

393foureyedfox
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

EWB because of its availability here in CT. But, I will always pick up an OGB BiB if I can find it.

1. HH 6-Year BIB: Somehow it landed in Washington this year. After taxes I'm paying 2X what it goes for in Kentucky but I'm not complaining.

2. OGD 114: I buy it by the case and have it shipped. It's worth it.

3. Buffalo Trace: A good standby.

4. Dickel Rye: A 90-proof rye at a good price.

5. Fighting Cock: If I'm mixing all I really care about is bang for your buck and this provides it.

I find I get on a kick for a while, drink nothing but that and then switch gears onto something else. For me it started with Beam, then during college it was Maker's, in the Navy it was Knob Creek bought dirt cheap in the Exchange. After the Navy I bounced between brands trying different things before settling onto Old Fitzgerald Bottled in Bond. Alas now that has been discontinued I find myself saving my stash of OF BiB for "special occasions" and drinking a fair of amount of Henry McKenna BiB 10 year. I also buy in bulk now - if I find a private bottling of something I like I'll buy a case or two depending on price and how much I like it. Last year I went through about 8 bottles of a really nice Loch and Key bottling of Elmer T. Lee. And I wish I'd bought more, although I've put aside a few bottles for the future.

I didn't know Old Fitz BIB was discontinued. I just bought a bottle yesterday. First HH 8 year 86 proof and now this? My cheap faves are disappearing! At least there is still OGD BIB.

adding OE101 to the list. Ive had several of them, but none for quite a while. Pulled one out of the bunker last night after another member's post reminded me that I had some here, and found it likely to go back on the regular rotation list.

Also, KCSB has been on that list, but I dont seem to enjoy it as much now as I did last year.

I didn't know Old Fitz BIB was discontinued.

Unless there has been a statement issued by HH very recently to the contrary, it hasn't. Larry Kass at HH confirmed to Fred Minnick in an interview in Whisky Advocate (copied below) in April of this year that there were no plans to discontinue it.

Old Fitzgerald line – What is the future?

With Larceny essentially becoming the focal point for Heaven Hill’s wheated bourbon, will the distillery be completely discontinuing or trying to sell its other wheated bourbon, Old Fitzgerald? “No, we will keep selling Old Fitz Prime 80 proof, Old Fitz Bottled-in-Bond and Very Special Old Fitz 12 year old in current markets,†Kass says. “We are eliminating the Old Fitz 1849 SKU, but that was a very small number of cases.â€

Unless there has been a statement issued by HH very recently to the contrary, it hasn't. Larry Kass at HH confirmed to Fred Minnick in an interview in Whisky Advocate (copied below) in April of this year that there were no plans to discontinue it.

Old Fitzgerald line – What is the future?

With Larceny essentially becoming the focal point for Heaven Hill’s wheated bourbon, will the distillery be completely discontinuing or trying to sell its other wheated bourbon, Old Fitzgerald? “No, we will keep selling Old Fitz Prime 80 proof, Old Fitz Bottled-in-Bond and Very Special Old Fitz 12 year old in current markets,†Kass says. “We are eliminating the Old Fitz 1849 SKU, but that was a very small number of cases.â€

Edited by anyexcuse

Well, I can confirm that they are expanding distribution of Larceny. We just started getting it in Indiana this month. Used to be one I had on the buy list for trips across the river to KY. Now I can get it down the street. What bourbon shortage?:grin:

Back before i realized what i was doing it was jack, jack was all i drank. College apartment full of empty jack bottles. Then i met ER10. Never looked back. This year i have to say that it was a toss up between AA10 star and BT. OWA played a supporting role as well.

Alabama being a control state, I can pretty much keep my meager bunker filled with:

1. ETL

2. OWA

3. EWSB

4. 4RSmB

5. BT

Alabama being a control state, I can pretty much keep my meager bunker filled with:

1. ETL

2. OWA

3. EWSB

4. 4RSmB

5. BT

Doesn't Alabama get Virgin? What the h@ll is wrong with you?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Jack Daniels if you count it as a bourbon. If not Maker's Mark. But that's just because of a former youthful approach to Whiskey. :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Over the past three years, Bulleit is definitely most consumed. As my palate got more experience in the past 12 months, W.L. Weller Special Reserve is the mainstay, though my favorite bourbons are Elmer T. Lee and Rock Hill Farms, and I'll eventually drink more of them than anything else... I hope.

Right now. Just because of taste, availability,and the Price point at 24.00 CDN. I'm really loving that Evan Williams Black.

Bourbon - Four Roses SB

Tennessee Whiskey - Jack Daniel SB

Rye - Bulleit Rye

Irish Whiskey - Jameson's Black Barrel

Single Malt Whiskey - Talisker 10 year

Gin - Tanqueray

In the summer, Gin & Tonics are my main pour. In the colder weather, it is a pretty even mix between the all the whiskey types, it just depends on my mood. If for some reason, I was only allowed to have 1 of the whiskey types, I would be the Four Roses SB.

Edited by RyeNot

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.