What bourbon did you get as a Holiday present?

jvd99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I always get great whisk(e)y gifts at the holidays, whether it be an advent calendar, bottles, or gift cards. What did you all get as a present during the holiday season?

I went shopping earlier for my wife's husband and picked up a bottle of EC12.

Took me a second there. Clearly too much nogg.

Mrs. Mosugoji got me a Whistlepig, WP Boss Hog, and a WFE 7yr rye. She was obsessed with getting me some WP after it made an appearance in Breaking Bad. I'm not complaining. :grin:

I already received the Master of Malt Premium Whisky Advent Calendar (see Foreign Whisky forum for my post about that) and a 50ml bottle of Nikka From the Barrel from Santa, which, by the way has one of the coolest bottle designs I've seen - sometimes simple is better. We have several sick and contagious people around here, so unwrapping of Christmas presents will have to wait a couple days. I gave my Uncle a bottle of Dewars 12 and MM46 for hosting a Christmas party last weekend.

I went shopping earlier for my wife's husband and picked up a bottle of EC12.

I usually present this as my wife's first husband. I'm no longer surprised when someone falls for it.

For some reason I very rarely receive bourbon as a gift, but give it to at least one person many years. This year I have a bottle of Lot B to my dad, which is his first Van Winkle bottle.

Santa brought me a bottle of William Larue Weller. This was one of only twenty-two available in Ontario. My first bottle of uncut Weller. I have a stash of Weller 12 YO and will definitely be enjoying H2H tastings. I am one Happy Canuck!

So far I received a Willet pot still bottle from my daughter's boyfriend, he managed to pick one out that I don't have, which is pretty lucky. Promptly opened it with him.

Well, my wife really got me this time.Totally unexpected, I was stunned, to say the least. Not really sure I even deserve to have this:

post-8261-14489821834044_thumb.jpg

post-8261-14489821832388_thumb.jpg

post-8261-14489821832938_thumb.jpg

post-8261-14489821833499_thumb.jpg

Well, my wife really got me this time.Totally unexpected, I was stunned, to say the least. Not really sure I even deserve to have this:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19962[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19963[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19964[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19965[/ATTACH]

Somebody was good this year!! Merry Christmas to you.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19962[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19963[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19964[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]19965[/ATTACH]

Dang, that WHH is sweet :) What did you do in the past year to deserve that, oh yeah, and the A.H. Hirsch?

Very nice Kyjd75! You have to be very happy! Enjoy wonderful pours from those fantastic bottles and your wonderful wife who must be really tuned into what you like!

My dad and brother really made my xmas special this year. I gave them a list and they hunted pretty darn well! Truly blessed. Merry Christmas!

GTS 14

ER 17 14

Lot B

FRSMB 14

PHC 8

OFBB 14

WT diamond anniversary

Blanton's

I got a 375 bottle of store select Buffalo Trace from my parents, and a TPS bottle select of OWA. My wife got me a set of 4 Glencairns.

Jim Beam Signature, Quarter Cask from the FIL. Not a bourbon guy so was an interesting pick, glad he asked the store owner and didn't just randomly pick a bottle.

Not bourbon, but got a book on bourbon ("American Whiskey Bourbon & Rye"), written by a feller SB'er. Looks to be fairly well done, although suffers the fate of all books in that once published, information is almost immediately outdated (age statements being dropped, or added, etc). Look forward to reading it over the holiday break!

Well, my wife really got me this time.Totally unexpected, I was stunned, to say the least.

Wow! That's the humidor collectors' edition too. She is really spoiling you and going all out to make it very special with those two bottles. :)

You must be doing something very right!

Cheers,

Edited by tigerlam92

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.