What bourbon did you get as a Holiday present?

jvd99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Got a bottle of EC12, a bottle of Chateau De Laubade 1983 Armagnac, and my wife got me this mug:

post-10866-14489821842669_thumb.jpg

Which promptly housed a Hot Toddy...

Not gifts, but I did also get two bottles of 11 YO SAOS from McScrooges that my brother-in-law sent down from Tennessee, along with Christmas gifts for the Texas kids in the family. (These were store selections at 117 and 115 proof, brought to my attention by TheBlackTot).

And, the Gourry de Chadeville Cask Strength Cognac that SKU recommended on his blog also made the trip down to Texas for the Holidays, thanks to a friend who lives in Colorado.[h=1][/h]

I got a bottle of Beam Black from my dad. As much as I go through, it was a very welcome gift. I also got a really neat bottle/decanter from the new Cooperstown Distillery from my brother-in-law. The whiskey is young MGP/LDI, but it's pretty tasty. My wife chipped in a few bucks the one day I hit up the liquor store to re-up the bunker.

I started this thread, and I'll probably end it because my family just opened Christmas presents yesterday because so many people were sick with the flu, strep, mumps, colds etc. (I luckily didn't get any of the hebejebes). Anyway, I got mostly single malts and this was the haul:

EC23

Highland Park 18

Kavalan Solist cask strength sherry

Binny's G&M 19 year Mortlach cask strength

Ardbeg Supernova (opened last night)

Nikka From the Barrel

I think my family members caught Whiskirexia Nervosa which we'll add to the list of holiday ailments :)

Right now it's probably Bakers Bourbon...I haven't even tried it yet, But I have high hopes for it.

I got a late gift of a bottle of Jefferson's. For something that used to be 15y age stated this tastes pathetically young. Color is so light it's like the 3rd cup of tea from the same teabag.

Four Roses Private Selection from M S Walker (10 year, 3 month OBSQ)

Parker Heritage Collection 2014

Nikka Yoichi 15 year

Oh, and a 30 year Amontillado Sherry for good measure.

actually gave this to my son on his 21st birthday on 1/8

bought it in 2007 at Lush in Chicago; Julian was there the week of WhiskyFest signing bottles and I was thinking ahead

I figure its still S-W juice.

Didn't let him take it back to school with him; don't want him and his friends doing something dumb like finishing it off in a night with shots.

ab296293-2739-4a8b-a3eb-2f58550cc905_zps10a45b9c.jpg0bee65fd-b1fc-4cd1-993a-c2ed88a7ac13_zpsbd32d23f.jpg

his sig is pretty consistent (from a bottle of ORvW 10-107)

1cb0d27a-1d5c-44f9-885c-fda760fb7a6e_zpsf20c759e.jpg

A bottle of Booker's myself from a neighbor who I've shared drinks with when I'm over. Looking forward to the first pour as I've only had it once at a BBQ joint in Boston near Fenway. Loved it.

I gave away a lot of booze for Christmas this year, but didn't actually get any.....but I did get "gifted" the opportunty to buy a Rip 10 from a whiskey store owner buddy of mine :)

Ok For Christmas 2014 I got Three ABC Wine & Spirits Four Roses Single Barrel Barrel Strength Two OBSQ and One OESF Tried the OBSQ Excellent Bourbon Although I like the OBSV OBSK in both Mashbills a little better Cheers, Creggor

• 2 weeks later...

Met with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. He gave me a bottle of WT 101. It is always nice to get a Christmas present in February.

Met with a friend I hadn't seen in awhile. He gave me a bottle of WT 101. It is always nice to get a Christmas present in February.

It may not be a high end whiskey, but a free WT101 is the best possible price for a very fine whiskey.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.