What bourbon did you get as a Holiday present?

jvd99
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Not bourbon, but related. My wife got me the ingredients for making quality Sazeracs. Pacifique Absinthe, Peychaud's Bitters, and simple syrup. I already have the whiskey.....

My dad and brother really made my xmas special this year. I gave them a list and they hunted pretty darn well! Truly blessed. Merry Christmas!

GTS 14

ER 17 14

Lot B

FRSMB 14

PHC 8

OFBB 14

WT diamond anniversary

Blanton's

Damn!!! That's impressive. Do they live in a state where it's easier to find such rare birds? Well done.

I didn't get any bourbon today, but I did get the neat ice kit - freezes a giant block of (supposedly) crystal clear ice and comes with a hammer and chisel.

May be corny but I'm psyched to give it a try. The ice should be fully frozen by tomorrow for the test batch.

I didn't get any bourbon today, but I did get the neat ice kit - freezes a giant block of (supposedly) crystal clear ice and comes with a hammer and chisel.

May be corny but I'm psyched to give it a try. The ice should be fully frozen by tomorrow for the test batch.

Actually, it sounds pretty cool. I ended up with a WR gift set from a friend. Free bourbon is, well, good! I have already enjoyed a few pours since I got it.

post-11474-14489821835166_thumb.jpgMy sister ending up bring this back from Colorado for me. It is a Breckenridge Spiced whiskey. They only sell it at the distillery. Looking forward to trying this tonight.

My dad and brother really made my xmas special this year. I gave them a list and they hunted pretty darn well! Truly blessed. Merry Christmas!

GTS 14

ER 17 14

Lot B

FRSMB 14

PHC 8

OFBB 14

WT diamond anniversary

Blanton's

That's like 600 bucks retail and several Ks on the grey market. They must really love you!

Booker's Roundtable and a Basil Hayden from my wife, plus the Yellow Spot (mentioned it in the foreign whiskey thread) from my daughter.

Only thing so far is a bottle of Blanton's from my former supervisor. Fortunately, it was a letter I didn't have yet, so that's nice.

The wife doesn't really know what to get me bourbon-wise, so tomorrow she's taking me shopping. :-)

The wife doesn't really know what to get me bourbon-wise, so tomorrow she's taking me shopping. :-)

Mrs Fox and I keep a tally on the blackboard in the kitchen of our top five bourbons (me) and wines (her), so we know what the other likes and can also quickly tell others when asked what would make a great gift for the other

Got a Northern California bourbon (the name escapes me, it's near their house in Arnold) from the in-laws, not sure if it's any good, but I'll certainly taste it!

Got a PHC8. Had a small little pour and liked it. Need to have a little more to get a final opinion.

Got a few more on X-mas day....CEHT BP (paid for this one but still counts),M46, Jameson 12 yr,....and 2 near empty bottles for sampling..OFBB14,and Michters 10 yr. enough for a few good pours and to put into my 50 ml. collection.

Mrs. W asked the local boutique market liquor manager for a good bottle of bourbon and was sold 13 year old Canadian rye (Lock Stock & Barrel) instead. I am grateful but will attempt to exchange it for actual bourbon.

Mrs. W asked the local boutique market liquor manager for a good bottle of bourbon and was sold 13 year old Canadian rye (Lock Stock & Barrel) instead. I am grateful but will attempt to exchange it for actual bourbon.

In the rye section it was mentioned that a pretty spectacular vatting of that and ER10 may be one of the closest approximations to VWFRR. You might be able to use that LSB if that means anything to you.

Received a btl of Blantons along with a Irish crystal decanter and rocks glasses set. The decanter will come in handy for dispensing bulky 1.75 handles

I picked up a few things for myself while on a trip to Bardstown a couple of weeks ago. With my wifes blessing of course.:cool:

My wife and I took a quick trip down to Bardstown this past weekend. My MM Ambassador barrel had been dumped, so we went to MM to purchase a couple of bottles from my barrel. While there, I also grabbed a couple more MMCS's. While on the way there, and on the way home, I also grabbed a few other things. :rolleyes:

My haul from the weekend:

1-dusty Woodford Reseve.

1-BT (couldn't pass this up in Indy for $19.99)

1-HH 6 yr BIB

2-MM liters from my Ambassador barrel

2-MMCS's

1-private selection KCSBR

[ATTACH=CONFIG]19870[/ATTACH]

Cheers! Joe

Mrs Fox and I keep a tally on the blackboard in the kitchen of our top five bourbons (me) and wines (her), so we know what the other likes and can also quickly tell others when asked what would make a great gift for the other

Sounds like a good plan. Honestly, I think she knows better than she claims to, but we're also pretty limited in NC when it comes to finding anything out of the ordinary.

On my Christmas shopping trip with the wife today, I picked up a bottle of SAOS7 and my first ever bottle of OGD114. Gonna hit a couple of vineyards in Charlottesville tomorrow and see if I can find an ABC store there that has anything I can't get back home in Durham.

Some Weller 12, Elmer t lee and a bottle of rock hill farms. Bought by myself for myself and friends..... Not sure it that counts.

i didnt get any bourbons this year for xmas, but then again, I didnt ask for any either. Im pretty well set right now, and asked for tools and mustang project parts instead, and got most of what I wanted. No shortage of HH variants, KCSB, Booker's and D9 around the Fox household currently

I didn't get anything from the Mrs. since I know better than to ask her for any (apparently I have too much already), but I bought myself a bottle of a Store Select Blanton's that's been around for awhile for $49.99. Haven't had Blanton's in years, so I'll probably make opening this a priority. Maybe I'll use some of the Holiday money I got to buy a bottle of Rock Hill Farms. For research purposes.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.