What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Starting the night off with my btec 12 yr wheat/OWA blend. I let it marinate for two weeks. Very tasty. Now I am trying to muscle my way through this 1792. Not bad just doesn't do it for me.

Finished off a bottle of Tom Foolery's Bourbon with a nice pour. While it is young, about 2 1/2 years, it is a very nice bourbon and I enjoyed the bottle. I am looking forward to trying more of their products as they age a little more.

Following up with a pour of Crown Liquor FR OEKS. Always a treat. Decided to treat myself after a long weekend of soccer.

.... Now I am trying to muscle my way through this 1792. Not bad just doesn't do it for me.

This is on my 'on deck shelf' but I haven't uncorked it yet. I was getting afraid of the shelf peg holes giving way so I but a half dozen bottles on the counter in the back of the built in bread box as a bunker for now. Maybe I will try the 1792 later tonight since you mentioned it, to compare with this grass widow, but I really wanted to compare this to the woodward ltd since they are both local yet the grass widow is 50% higher price.

Just cracked a fresh bottle of Ezra Brooks single barrel #308 bottled 2/08. I have been through several bottles of this barrel and it never fails to satisfy. I know EB 7yr 101 gets quite a bit of love here, from me included, but the 12yr SB is above board also.

I am with you on this one. I have a current bottle, and though most people tell me it's sourced from HH, I get BT mashbill #2 with this one.

...Now I am trying to muscle my way through this 1792. Not bad just doesn't do it for me.

Decided to give it a try. Not bad, I rather like it but it does have a bit of an unusual mouth feel and finish. The grass widow I just had 2 glasses of is much nicer I think.

eggUyh9.png

Last pours from an Eagle Rare, a Baby Saz, and an OF Sig. I've been on a bit of a break from the forums for a variety of reasons, and have been enjoying catching up while enjoying these pours!

Had a couple of tastes of some Russell's Reserve 10 year (better than I remember it) followed by J.W. Dant.

Weller SR followed by Weller 12. Both good in their own right. The Weller SR is a bit lighter and sweeter, and the Weller 12 is a bit bolder and richer. I was tempted to open a bottle of OWA to have a pour of too, but the only OWA's that I have at the moment are from a private selection. I'm hesitant to open one of them because they are so freaking good. :yum:

^^^^If it's that good... crack that puppy open Joe! As for me, I'm working with KC for my 'Game of Throne's Pour'.

^^^^If it's that good... crack that puppy open Joe! As for me, I'm working with KC for my 'Game of Throne's Pour'.

It was quite hot today while working in the yard so I has a couple of WT101 with a splash of Gosling's ginger beer. Enjoyed a pour of EC12 this evening after dinner.

Cracked open a new bottle of EWSB 2004 last night. So good. I think I need to pick up at least a couple more bottles of this before they completely disappear off the shelves.

Well finally got my taxes done so I spent the rest of Sunday enjoying many pours of WTRB while streaming Mad Men. I do believe MrsTT has a crush on Don Draper.

I'm finishing oh a bottle of AAA 10 year 86 proof that is great. Trying to reduce the open bottles on my shelf.

Finally opened a bottle of Kentucky Spirit I bought last year. It wasn't remarkable, but it wasn't bad either. I need to spend some more time enjoying it :-)

Watching baseball with the comfort of a nice pour of Larceny. Might follow it with one of my other favorites: J.W. Dant.

Stagg Jr then MM

I'm surprised you can even taste the MM after a pour of Jr.

Tonight I went with OF 1870 and old reliable OGDBIB

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!