What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

OWA and "Justified" go well together.

i need to start recording instead of torrenting..........

Thanks for the support y'all. The JBDC went down the drain last night. Feels good man. Freed up a spot that I can now fill with something I like.

Making me feel (much) better, I have determined that 4R Yellow Label is probably my favorite 80 proof bourbon. So much fruity/floral flavor that I don't even mind the low proof.

Then I switched to RittBiB and I kept having to remind myself that it was a rye, since it drinks like a good bourbon. Kind of night and day compared to Baby Saz, which reminds me it is a rye and not a bourbon with every sip.

Having a nice pour of Buffalo Trace, nearing the end of this bottle.

I went back to the pour I judge all others by. I know for many that is BT, but for me it is EC12. Great qpr and just always tasty. When I cant decide what to drink, this is always a winner

I went back to the pour I judge all others by. I know for many that is BT, but for me it is EC12. Great qpr and just always tasty. When I cant decide what to drink, this is always a winner

Oh yes!! A fantastic idea and I can't believe I haven't thought of it yet given my propensity to mix BT with Stagg Jr. Same principle and all.

I've been bouncing between bourbon and rye and presently I'm working on a nice pour of the SB blend.

Keep going back to SAOS 7. I think I'm going to need another bottle quicker than I thought.

Started with a couple pours of WT101 and enjoying Kirkland old fashioned for a night cap.

Warm night on the deck. Nice cigar (Padron 6000), and a healthy pour of ECBP #6. The good life!

I wish I could find MMCS in Minnesota, but I have enjoyed mixing EC12 with ECBP! Great way to beef up EC12 (as I am sure it works just as well with BT/Stagg Jr., and MM/MMCS)!

You and a few others have been doing this EC. I love the ECBP and have a good stash of it but have never taken a liking to regular EC12 so I've not tried this vatting. It's probably worth giving EC12 another shot knowing that I can mix it the BP if I don't like it on it's own.

On topic, I started the night with an amazing bottle of OWA I have open. This is the one I preferred over ORVW 10yr a while back. It is still delivering at that high level.

I'm following with an OBSK 9yr 4mo that is a stalwart in my cabinet. Started out a little too rye forward due to it following a wheater, but it's now settled in to a well balanced flavor profile that delivers in spades and reminds me why I'm in the cult.

A little 2014 OFBB followed by the last of my Henry McKenna BIB while getting into the last season of Justified

Starting off with a pour of wlwsr first time having it. This and makers are the only wheated bourbons I've tried. Think I'm definitely I rye bourbon guy. Going to hava some cehtsmb next.

Think I'm definitely I rye bourbon guy.

My thought as well, I have had Makers, Makers 46, as well as Larceny. They have all underwhelmed me, however, I do prefer to use Makers in my whiskey sours.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!