What bourbon are you drinking? Spring 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Friggin ridiculous 62 degrees being the current temp in Chi, the Bunkster and I can continue to use the appropriate titled thread me thinks. EH Taylor Rye by the way...oops...wrong thread again :cool:.

The Midwest can't escape 60 degree temps and rain while here in the Northwest we are stuck in the 90's with nary a rain drop in sight. What has this world come to?

Elijah Craig Barrel Proof. Wish this was always on the shelf.

Finished off a bottle of Ridgemont Reserve. Nothing wrong with it, but I won't be replacing the bottle.

I had a flight of Basil Hayden, Bakers and Bookers. I really enjoyed the Bakers and the Bookers was a close second. I don't see much love for Bakers on here. Maybe I shouldn't say "love," it just doesn't seem to get discussed much here.

Last night I had some WT101 (infused with charred oak spiral), Bernheim Wheat, GD12, and BT. You know you had too much when you wake up and find you barely touched your last pour of BT so that went into my #lastpours decanter this morning.

I had a flight of Basil Hayden, Bakers and Bookers. I really enjoyed the Bakers and the Bookers was a close second. I don't see much love for Bakers on here. Maybe I shouldn't say "love," it just doesn't seem to get discussed much here.

This post really makes me want to open one of my 3 bookers or the single bottle of bakers I bought in Indiana but my upstairs shelf of open bottles is pretty full right now even after putting the Alberta Dark bottle and vatting down stairs. Really kicking myself for not buying more of the Bookers (and KCSB) that was on sale in IN but I have never tasted Bookers due to the price here so wasn't sure how many to buy.

Got my car back from its 65,000 mile service today. I opened the trunk to put in some anti-plastic shopping bags and, WHOA!!, said out loud, "Where'd this handle of Weller SR come from?" It may be 90 proof, but when the temp outside is over 90, it cannot help but hit the spot. Which is what it is doing. RIGHT NOW! Next question - Where I gonna put it in the house? That handle is BIG!!

edit - taking this to the summer thread, someone needs to lock this one up IMO.

Continuing my efforts to diminish the world of WT101.

haha, that is an honorable mission. One of my fave every day pours, almost always have a bottle open. Currently have 2 partial bottles that were both infused with the charred oak spiral.

Got my car back from its 65,000 mile service today. I opened the trunk to put in some anti-plastic shopping bags and, WHOA!!, said out loud, "Where'd this handle of Weller SR come from?" It may be 90 proof, but when the temp outside is over 90, it cannot help but hit the spot. Which is what it is doing. RIGHT NOW! Next question - Where I gonna put it in the house? That handle is BIG!!

Nice score to find something you forgot about and I agree on the handle size thing. I had never bought one til my IN trip where they had 4 bottles of Larceny in handles but no 750's. I was afraid to put it on the shelf I use for open bottles at first but metal shelf pins and solid wood shelf seem to be handling it fine with all the other 750's. Tricky to pour from the first couple times too.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!