What Water of Life did you purchase today? Spring 2015

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up on my recent trip to Scotland. Some at distilleries and shops, some at duty free.

Cool stuff, ALR. Which Cadenhead's shop was that? Edinburgh?

Cool stuff, ALR. Which Cadenhead's shop was that? Edinburgh?

It was Edinburgh

Picked up on my recent trip to Scotland. Some at distilleries and shops, some at duty free.

I was in Edinburgh last year and picked up one small bottle each of the Highland and the Campbelltown from Cadenhead's. I'm kicking myself for not picking up more.

[ATTACH]20952[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]20953[/ATTACH]

Droooooooooooooooooolllllllll...........

I couldn't resist Ardbeg 10 for $24.99.

Wow! I wouldn't either.

been eyeing some Hibiki 12 year for a few months now hoping I'd get it for a bday or anniversary, but I didn't so I picked it up today. can't wait to try it out!

the owner of the shop told me they also had the Hibiki 21 for $299... yea, that's an easy pass when I don't like spending over $50 on bourbon.

Hidden

A couple miniatures, presumably from the 30s, both from Frankfort Distilleries, for sentimental reasons. Shipping Port Straight Bourbon and Wolf Creek Straight Rye.

I went out looking for an A'bunadh batch 49 today, but an Aberlour 16 yo followed me home instead.

Got some stuff at auction, some other stuff as well:

20 yr Mortlach CS, Sherry, SMWS

17 Glen Moray, CS, Sherry, SMWS

18 yr Glendronach CS, PX

15 yr Imperial CS

15 yr Hakushu CS, sherry, SMWS

17 yr Springbank CS, Sherry

I can see a trend here..... :)

Several of these beauties arrived yesterday! Got them for a fairly decent price thanks to a tip from a fellow SBer.

post-8493-14489822475778_thumb.jpg

Theoretically two are for me and one is for a friend but I am thinking I should tell him that they weren't able to fill the order after all so that I can keep it all to myself! :cool:

Several of these beauties arrived yesterday! Got them for a fairly decent price thanks to a tip from a fellow SBer.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21039[/ATTACH]

Theoretically two are for me and one is for a friend but I am thinking I should tell him that they weren't able to fill the order after all so that I can keep it all to myself! :cool:

Now that is a very nice trio! Be a shame to split them up.

Costco has a few new expressions on discount so I just had to... Glenlivet 18, Balvenie 12 Double Wood and Talisker Storm. :crazy: I have issues...

Decided to branch out a little from my usual bourbon so I bought a Brenne (French Whisky), Tullamore Dew Phoenix (Irish Whiskey), and a Compass Box Hedonism (Scotch grain whisky).

Decided to branch out a little from my usual bourbon so I bought a Brenne (French Whisky), Tullamore Dew Phoenix (Irish Whiskey), and a Compass Box Hedonism (Scotch grain whisky).

I read about the limited edition, probably will be impossible to find like most limited editions.

JW Green Label. This is the new re-release of the recently discounted Green Label from a couple of years ago. Curious to see if same juice as before. Still have two bottles of the old release for comparison. Reportedly the new release will only be around for a short while to celebrate JW's 200 anniversary.

Hedonism Quindecimus and CS Peat Monster 10th anniversary just landed in Atlanta and landed in my bunker.

Compass Box Spice Tree and a 2014 Talisker Distiller's Edition Amoroso Cask.

Stopped at South Lyndale Liquors in Minneapolis and picked up 2 bottles of Springbank Sherrywood 17 year old, 1 bottle of Stagg Jr. batch 4 (4 left at the store, FYI), and 1 bottle of Jeffersons store selection (it was $24 and tasted good---light summer sipper). To those in Minnesota, this is a great store, and probably have 100+ bottles open to sample. Ranging from Springbank Green, Laphroiag 18, their 12 year 2 month OESO FRSB barrel strength, on and on.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21115[/ATTACH]

Hedonism Quindecimus and CS Peat Monster 10th anniversary just landed in Atlanta and landed in my bunker.

Let us know what your impressions are! I saw both bottles at my local today, and am curious if I should take the plunge! Nice purchase, regardless.

Which of these things is not like the other...

post-8493-14489822540739_thumb.jpg

Picked up the new CB Hedonism "QD" before the rye heavy Wednesday tasting this week and of course it just had to be opened and tried...

Which of these things is not like the other...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]21129[/ATTACH]

Picked up the new CB Hedonism "QD" before the rye heavy Wednesday tasting this week and of course it just had to be opened and tried...

Thanks for the tasting notes!

I'm of the opinion that you can never have enough Powers John's Lane, so I picked up a bottle up for the bunker.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.