What Water of Life did you purchase today? Spring 2015

whiskeyagonzo
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Picked up a bottle of Whistlepig today at $79 and change. Love me some of that 10 yr old, 100 proof, Canadian rye!

Picked up 2 bottles of Glendronach 15yr Revival and 2 bottles of Laphroaig Cairdeas Portwood.

Nice haul. Revival has been discontinued, so get what you want soon. It's a great single malt!

That Port Pipe Cairdeas is from 2013 and the 2015 ex-bourbon version for their 200th Anniversary is on shelves now. You might want to consider a Laphroaig 15 (another 200th re-release) before it disappears.

• 2 weeks later...

Balvenie 12 year Doublewood and Glenfiddich 14 year, the one that used bourbon casks. I'm not much of a Scotch guy, but had a chance to try both before I bought them and found them enjoyable.

Balvenie 12 year Doublewood and Glenfiddich 14 year, the one that used bourbon casks. I'm not much of a Scotch guy, but had a chance to try both before I bought them and found them enjoyable.

Bought my first scotch in quite a while yesterday. Not a huge fan of basic blends or the peaty types, so I decided to go for a couple of finished scotches, the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Glendronach 12. Quick SBS last night, and both were solid, though I think I preferred the Glendronach. Going to try to pick up a Glendronach Revival to step up a bit. I could see the Glendronach 12 being something of a staple in the arsenal. Glenfarclas is next on my list in the 12 year arena.

Bought my first scotch in quite a while yesterday. Not a huge fan of basic blends or the peaty types, so I decided to go for a couple of finished scotches, the Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban and Glendronach 12. Quick SBS last night, and both were solid, though I think I preferred the Glendronach. Going to try to pick up a Glendronach Revival to step up a bit. I could see the Glendronach 12 being something of a staple in the arsenal. Glenfarclas is next on my list in the 12 year arena.

The Glendronach 15 has been temporarily discontinued so might be tough to find a bottle.

Like you, I prefer sherried scotches and non peaty. Started with Glanfarclas 12, nice pour but was getting a medicinal and earthy taste from it. Stepped up to Macallan 12 and enjoyed it. Then picked up a bottle of Aberlour 12 NCF, woah, amazing.

Let me know your thoughts on the Glenfarlas 12.

That would be 90% (my guess) of Scotch whisky ;-)

The Glendronach 15 has been temporarily discontinued so might be tough to find a bottle.

Like you, I prefer sherried scotches and non peaty. Started with Glanfarclas 12, nice pour but was getting a medicinal and earthy taste from it. Stepped up to Macallan 12 and enjoyed it. Then picked up a bottle of Aberlour 12 NCF, woah, amazing.

No Glenfarclas 12 just yet, but I did pick up a couple of bottles of the Glendronach 15 tonight. Still some of those around to be found. I'll definitely give the Aberlour 12 NCF a go as well, but the price seems a bit high around me (and it's not available everywhere). I'll keep my eyes open for the Aberlour though. Thx.

Please advise what the NCF means for the Aberlour 12 NCF

Agreed, but Glenfiddich also has a 14 year that uses Caribbean rum casks, hence the differentiation.

Non chill filtered.

Many seem to enjoy the 12 yr. NCF over the standard 12 yr. I haven't tried the standard so I can't comment, just what I've read.

No Glenfarclas 12 just yet, but I did pick up a couple of bottles of the Glendronach 15 tonight. Still some of those around to be found. I'll definitely give the Aberlour 12 NCF a go as well, but the price seems a bit high around me (and it's not available everywhere). I'll keep my eyes open for the Aberlour though. Thx.

Nice pickup on the Glendronach 15. Interestingly, by me, the Glendronach 15 is priced higher than the Aberlour 12 NCF ($70).

Many seem to enjoy the 12 yr. NCF over the standard 12 yr. I haven't tried the standard so I can't comment, just what I've read.

In addition to being NCF, it's bottled at a higher ABV, which also contributes to better enjoyment.

Ordered a Kilkerran Single Cask from Master of Malt.

Very, very intrigued myself. I've had a couple of the WIP Kilkerran's, both sherry and bourbon, and enjoyed both quite a bit. Less chameleon and nuanced than Springbank but still plenty interesting. My only hesitation was the use of Calvados for this single cask. If sherry I'd probably find myself placing another order....

Speaking of which, I just got in my upcoming birthday bottle - a 27 yr single cask Cambus from Douglas Laing. Added some interesting samples while I was at it - Black Bull 40 yr (release 5), Benrinnes 23 yr, and Lagavulin 21 yr (2007 bottling). I fully expect either/both the Black Bull and Lagavulin to among the very best drams I have ever had.

In addition to being NCF, it's bottled at a higher ABV, which also contributes to better enjoyment.

Ah, didn't know that. Thanks amg!

He's talking about this one. It's new and a little different. It's finished in new American oak. It's a US only release. Obviously they are trying to attract the American bourbon drinker.

http://www.glenfiddich.com/us/collection/product-collection/core-range/bourbon-barrel-reserve-14-year-old/

Found a good sale on Redbreast 15 yr at my local Florida ABC store which I just couldn't refuse @ $49.49 [emoji106]

Found a good sale on Redbreast 15 yr at my local Florida ABC store which I just couldn't refuse @ $49.49 [emoji106][ATTACH]21737[/ATTACH]

And you shouldn't refuse either. Good buy!

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.