What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

ECBP 133.2, diluted with a bit of water. Really amazing stuff. I think I have one batch 1 and one batch 2 left in the bunker. Still annoyed that I left a couple of each on the shelves when they were briefly available. ECBP has gone awol in my area for the most part.

Now having a small pour of 2003 EWSB. I guess this is a HH sort of night, having started with the ECBP. And I'll add that this particular barrel of EWSB, a 10 year 8 month 2003 bottling, is as good a bottle of bourbon I've had at any proof, any age, any price, etc. Just a tremendous barrel (I think I hopefully have one of these left in the bunker).

Rain in the valley, football on the TV so why not a generous pour of Four Roses Single Barrel. :grin:

There's a saleable jingle in there, somewhere. :lol:

A private select 1792 for me, tonight. Very nice dried flower/potpourri palate with it.

I continue to punch my cult membership card with a PS 4RSB. Fantastic bottle...:bis:

Right behind you there with some LE SmB '14. It's feeling like a LE night and some 125th will be next.

The 4R cult is really active - OBSO bp (thanks to Fred for recommending it and to Joe for selling it to me).

Decided to crack open the FRSB OBSK I picked up last week. Prior to this, only had the OBSV and OBSO.

Wowsers! this stuff is delicious. That is all.

Checking back in to confirm how amazing the 4R 125th really is. I could just as easily go with this one for the "only one bourbon for the rest of your life" thread. Just fantastic.

Checking back in to confirm how amazing the 4R 125th really is. I could just as easily go with this one for the "only one bourbon for the rest of your life" thread. Just fantastic.

I was a day late and dollar short when it came to that release. I'm starting to fear that I will never have the chance to experience it.

enjoying some EC12 tonight.

Two nights in a row!!!

As a matter of fact, I think I will have a pour of EC 12 after I finish my pour of EH Taylor single barrel. I wasn't too impressed with EH Taylor when I first opened the bottle a few months back (bitter and astringent) but tonight is different, I feel the spice instantly on entry. It dissipates for a split second and then it comes back starting from the back of the mouth up to the roof. Letting this bottle open up has really improved it.

Two nights in a row!!!

As a matter of fact, I think I will have a pour of EC 12 after I finish my pour of EH Taylor single barrel. I wasn't too impressed with EH Taylor when I first opened the bottle a few months back (bitter and astringent) but tonight is different, I feel the spice instantly on entry. It dissipates for a split second and then it comes back starting from the back of the mouth up to the roof. Letting this bottle open up has really improved it.

I started the evening with EC12, comparing two store selects, aged in different rick houses and different floors. I don't remember the exact specs, but the barrel aged on the 6th floor ended up being 140+ proof, and the one that aged on the 4th floor was about 125 proof. Of course, both were brought down to 94 proof, dangit!

Ending the evening with a side by side of Blanton's and Rock Hill Farms. Getting a bit of astringency on the RHF nose, and the Blanton's is a bit underproof, but wonderful nose.

I started the evening with EC12, comparing two store selects, aged in different rick houses and different floors. I don't remember the exact specs, but the barrel aged on the 6th floor ended up being 140+ proof, and the one that aged on the 4th floor was about 125 proof. Of course, both were brought down to 94 proof, dangit!

Ending the evening with a side by side of Blanton's and Rock Hill Farms. Getting a bit of astringency on the RHF nose, and the Blanton's is a bit underproof, but wonderful nose.

Wow, store select EC12! Haven't seen any of those. (saw the picture you posted in the other thread).

I have yet to buy any store selects, I may inquire on my next trip. Having a pour of KCSB.

Wow, store select EC12! Haven't seen any of those. (saw the picture you posted in the other thread).

that would be awesome to find an EC12 store select. hope it tastes great!

doing some booker's center cut tonight, damn fine bourbon with a splash of water added to it.

Boy.....heck of a bad day! Chinese President arrived in town today and a very short notice highway closure (for security reasons) resulted in a 1 hour and 45 minute commute on the bus. While stuck on the bus and getting frustrated, I get a call from my wife - the hot water heater gave up the ghost and there's water in the basement. The ironic part of the story is that just the night before we discussed how old it was and that it was time to schedule getting it replaced. (No joke, we discussed it last night!). Damn......She works from home and did most of the heavy lifting of moving things to safety and ripping up carpet with the help of our awesome neighbor. I had a little to deal with when I got home.

Currently trying to smooth out the hard edges of the day with some 4RSB. I think I'll go for another when this pour is finished!

I was a day late and dollar short when it came to that release. I'm starting to fear that I will never have the chance to experience it.

It's probably out there at a whiskey bar somewhere. If you come across it, definitely give it a go.

Bookers C04-A-28 to start and just opened a store selection KCSB as a follow up after a bad day at work.

Continuing along the same Jim Beam trend I've now moved on to JB Bonded definitely lighter than the others due to a lack of age and the corn comes through much more again due to the age and oak influence.

After a bad day it seems somewhat better now.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!