What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Cracked another PS of 'standard' 4RSB. Scattered between here and the girlfriends place, I've officially lost count on how many of these I now have open. Maybe that's a little, unconscious guilt control...:grin:

Some 08 ER17, I rarely get in to this bottle and I'm reminded why tonight, it's just a bit to woody for my taste.

Drinking some of that Austin Nichols labeled WT80 from last decade I picked up recently to take the edge off the 160+ miles of round trip driving I did today to visit some family and be gifted some early inheritance firearms and weapons.

Drinking some of that Austin Nichols labeled WT80 from last decade I picked up recently to take the edge off the 160+ miles of round trip driving I did today to visit some family and be gifted some early inheritance firearms and weapons.

That's worth the drive!

That's worth the drive!

yes, I just drive so little now that I work from home that any traffic, let alone Sunday drivers heading home from 'up north' in the dark, can stress me out a bit. And having to deal with my aunt/uncle getting older and downsizing to sell their lifelong/first house, close our jewelry store, etc. Better to get them now and get the stories that go with them though, then after the funerals with no history.

Still sipping some more WT80 but getting ready to turn up the proof a bit. so many open choices that I am not sure what will be next.

Changing it up tonight from the usual SAOS 7 yr. and EC12. Had a pour of Bookers and PHC Promise of Hope. Talk about opposite ends of the spectrum. Both delicious in their own right.

did a 3 finger pour of EC12 after a long day of going through my "honey-do" list. got a lot of items checked off though, so it was nice to wind down with the EC12. will have to get to the Booker's tomorrow night and join ya, Johnny!

did a 3 finger pour of EC12 after a long day of going through my "honey-do" list. got a lot of items checked off though, so it was nice to wind down with the EC12. will have to get to the Booker's tomorrow night and join ya, Johnny!

Excellent choice. I will be doing the opposite tomorrow night, EC12!

A bit of the Fozzy BT114 blend at 2:3 OGD114:BT to kill of the 200ml I mixed up earlier this week, tasty stuff. I got a few pours left of the 3:2 mix lined up next if I last that long.

Poured some Rowan's Creek on Saturday and then on Sunday poured two FRSB store picks to do a side-by-side but I forgot about them so I will have to sip them tonight.

Continued my slow sbs march through the 4R recipes. Last night OBSO beat out OESO, but it took several back and forth sips for me to declare a winner. For those of you keeping track at home, that's now OBSO > OESO, OESV > OBSV and OESK > OBSK.

Then I treated myself to some '14 ER17 for the Packers game.

Having a pour of 1792 Sweet Wheat to start the evening, and a pour of ECBP Hazmat on deck for after dinner. After an action packed weekend, I need an evening to relax, listen to music and have some bourbon.

I will be finishing a bottle of the ECBP Hazmat soon, and only have one in reserve, so will likely not enjoy it for some time!

Celebrating my buddies 30th with him tonight. We're going to go EC12 then EC23 and wander from there.

Sounds like a great evening with great bourbon!

I went with a FRYL and coke to start the evening, the bourbon and soda thread got me thinking. FRYL was the only 80 proof I had open. Enjoy the night errbody.

Having an evening of bourbon and relaxation.

I started with ECBP Hazmat and 1792 Sweet Wheat. I decided I wasn't done quite yet!

Now I am doing a side by side with ECBP Hazmat and a store select EC12 (from Rickhouse H, 6th floor). The store bought two barrels, one from the 4th floor, and one from the 6th. After tasting the 4th floor barrel, I NEED to get a few bottles.

And finishing up with Springbank 17.

attachment.php?attachmentid=21576&stc=1

post-11331-14489822815519_thumb.jpg

Barterhouse for the first time in a while. I am getting a nice creaminess along with a lot of oak and vanilla. With the way prices are headed, this may not be such a bad deal anymore.

Barterhouse for the first time in a while. I am getting a nice creaminess along with a lot of oak and vanilla. With the way prices are headed, this may not be such a bad deal anymore.

I managed to get my hands on Barterhouse. :grin:

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!