What bourbon are you enjoying? Summer 2015!

Special Reserve
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

Sipped on OESF all afternoon/evening. Delicious, but so sweet it needed a little water to balance it out, even being at a lower barrel proof (53%)

My wife decided it was a wine night but that didn't stop me from sneaking in a pour of GTS '14 later in the evening.

Stained 88 linear feet of boards today (a 3' by 88' wood retaining wall that needed some dress-up). I needed something uncomplicated after showering. OGD bonded. YUM!! (I'm out of WT 101, or . . .)

Some Rare Breed them some EH Taylor small batch. Probably close out the night soon with Eagle Rare. Have to get up early for ball.

WTRB 108 while watching Ohio State embarrass themselves against Northern Illinois. The 108 may be tasting better just because it has been replaced by the 112 and won't be available any more. Nothing ever tastes as good as the bourbon you can not have.

Had my first pour of the WRDO I bought yesterday. Didn't taste great right out of the bottle but after 20 minutes or so I started to get the praline notes I remember from my first taste of this back in May. That's why I bought it. It can be a bit bitter on the finish, but I like what it brings on the palate. It's unique for me. It's not one I'd go to every day but when I'm in the mood it works. (Not a fan of standard WR for whatever that's worth.)

Next up is some WT Diamond. It's lovely today. I can only drink this when my palate is not being overly sensitive to oak so I have to do a small test before pouring the full allotment. I can either hate this pour or find it very satisfying. Wonderful tonight, but happy I only have one bottle of this.

I think 4RLESmB '14 is up next.

Had a small pour of WTRB earlier, this one the 108 proof vs the 113 I polished off recently. The 108 is even better on my palate. Moved on to a large pour of ETL, and now out grilling some chicken legs on a pleasant evening with some sb.com HHSSII. I forgot how good this was! It reminds me of fall and winter, maybe because I drank it so much during those seasons last year. But right now with a nice breeze, overcast skies, and the occasional rain drop, the grill burning away, it's perfect.

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!