What beer are you drinking Summer 2015?

fishnbowljoe
This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject! 

I figured that since I was actually posting in this forum, I'd start a new thread. :grin:

I have to be honest and admit that I don't drink beer very often. I'll have a craft brew, or something more ordinary every once in a while.

Today a buddy of mine from work came over and removed a tree stump from my back yard. We sat on my back patio and had a beer together when he was done. It was just regular old MGD, but it sure tasted good after working up a sweat on a warm summer evening.

Cheers! Joe

As always.... Redbridge, since it's among the few I CAN drink and isn't awful. I know pretty faint praise. Oh, Well.

I don't drink beer as often as I drink whisky. Beer is more a summer drink for me. I've been having some Weihenstephan wheat beer lately. Damn good beer.

I stopped at Perrin's, Grand Rapids Brewing and Founders in Grand Rapids today with two of my brother-in-laws. GRB was uneventful. I had a flight at Perrin's that ended with a bourbon barrel brown ale. It was solid but doesn't measure up to the really good bba stouts that are out there.

I had a Double Trouble from a firkin at Founders today. They added coffee and cherry extract to the cask. The cherry was non-existent. I was quite skeptical of the coffee in Double Trouble but I really enjoyed it. I generally do not like Double Trouble as I find it too bitter for my liking but the beer I had today was not bitter at all.

Had a Birthday Bash Cookout / Bottle Share last Saturday to celebrate multiple July birthdays.

Pretty epic: 50+ people, 125+ different beers

Highlights: Drie Fonteinen the Seasons - all 4 Drie Hommage 2013, Goose BCBW 13, BCBS Rare, BCBS Vanilla Rye, Hill Farmstead Flora Plum, Dorothy, and Arthur, Russian River Toronado 20, Side Project Pulling Nails, ......

On a hot summer day, I'm enjoying a Prairie Gold, a bottle conditioned golden ale. A little funky and very refreshing.

Had a Birthday Bash Cookout / Bottle Share last Saturday to celebrate multiple July birthdays.

Pretty epic: 50+ people, 125+ different beers

Highlights: Drie Fonteinen the Seasons - all 4 Drie Hommage 2013, Goose BCBW 13, BCBS Rare, BCBS Vanilla Rye, Hill Farmstead Flora Plum, Dorothy, and Arthur, Russian River Toronado 20, Side Project Pulling Nails, ......

Wow! That is an epic night.

Zombie Dust Pale Ale from Three Floyd's Brewery in Munster, Indiana and a few bottles of my friend's home brewed clone of Zombie Dust. His beer was just as good or better!

Just back from annual trip to Kentucky, and sitting out back watering the plants, and watering myself with a Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier. No doubt into own Top 5 brews.

Weihenstephaner Hefe Weissbier

next time I see you in Bardstown I'd like to hear you say that name 10 times really, really fast :grin:

next time I see you in Bardstown I'd like to hear you say that name 10 times really, really fast :grin:

Heehee. I have a tough time saying it one time slowly, Gary! :lol:

Bell's Two Hearted Ale, Country Boy Cougar Bait and a Woodchuck Cider (or two:grin:)!

I don't drink beer as often as I drink whisky. Beer is more a summer drink for me. I've been having some Weihenstephan wheat beer lately. Damn good beer.

This won't mean much to anyone outside DFW, but I've been on a Revolver Blood & Honey (wheat ale) kick lately. I may like this one more than their bock. And at 7%, it's a nice kick in the pants.

North Coast Brewing Co. Brother Thelonious Belgian Style Abbey Ale . . . last night . . . ker-POW!

Edited by Swoboda

Dayum, it's been a long week! Terrapin Hi-5 IPA to get the weekend rolling.

Picked up a sixer of Deschutes' Fresh Squeezed IPAD which is new to our market, at least around here anyway. I like all of their beer and look forward to trying these tonight.

Had a few Hop Zest IPAs and Karen's Coffee Stouts at Trap Rock Brewery. Great beers as always, great place.

On tap last night . . . tried Tallgrass Brewing Co. 16-Bit Double Pale Ale . . . smooth and tasty. Capped the night off with something I've never had before . . . a bottle of Michelob Golden Light Draft at a friend's . . . tasted pretty good after drinking heavier beers all night . . . cheers!

I was one of 26 aunts, uncles, folks, brother and cousins that visited some brewpubs in Grand Rapids today. I was one of the designated drivers. I did have one beer so I made it count. I was lucky and Founders had another firkin available today. This one was Centennial IPA with hibiscus and ginger. Meh. Nothing ventured, nothing gained I guess. Oh well, I had a great time spending time with my family.

Trying a number of local beers in SLC. Red Rock is the only brand that comes to mind at that the moment. Everything on tap here is limited to 4% abv and generally unremarkable. Best to find something in the bottle when possible when ordering at the bar!

Gave the new version on Stone Farking Wheaton W00tstout a try and it's quite good. If you like Stone Russian Imperial Stout, then you're sure to like this one. It's got some barrel-aged W00t 2.0 and a noticeable amount of hops (after all this is Stone) with someone nuttiness. Excellent stout.

Spent yesterday afternoon at the Solemn Oath microbrewery in Naperville, Illinois. I had two separate flights of beer and was able to sample eight of the nine beers on tap. Every one was excellent! The lineup included American IPAs, Belgian IPAs and farmhouse ales. Tiny little place but definitely worth visiting for locals.

Having some Three Floyds Wigsplitter. Very nice coffee stout, not over hopped like some of 3F's other stouts. A welcome addition to their lineup!

This topic has been inactive for at least 365 days, and is now closed. Please feel free to start a new thread on the subject!